24 hours in a and e

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

WildBike

Well, you can't do that in Stafford.

OP
OP
Kiwiavenger

Kiwiavenger

im a little tea pot
It's a series on channel 4, they've set up cameras in an a+e department in London and have recorded the cases they get in a 24 hour period, it's really quite interesting seeing what goes on behind the scenes.

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk 2

guitarpete247

Just about surviving
I watched it, the other night, with the GF. I try to convince her it's totally safe. She's not convinced after watching this.
I'm 58, he was 59 (IIRC). I'm a teacher, he's a teacher. He'd been a bike owner/rider for about a month I've been riding for about 55 years :becool:.

snorri

Legendary Member
I'm 58, he was 59 (IIRC). I'm a teacher, he's a teacher. He'd been a bike owner/rider for about a month I've been riding for about 55 years :becool:.
You just have to convince your g/f that you don't cycle at 25mph* with your head down for prolonged periods and not watching where you are going:thumbsup:.
*I think his friend said 25?

Drago

Legendary Member
Cycling downhill on a unicycle while drunk and blindfolded is safer than sitting in our local A&E, such is the nature of many of the clientele.

classic33

Leg End Member
Cycling downhill on a unicycle while drunk and blindfolded is safer than sitting in our local A&E, such is the nature of many of the clientele.
Most are like that.
A sad reflection of the times we live in. Police patrolling A&E departments.

Drago

Legendary Member
The A&E here in Sandford has a dedicated bobby based there, which is indeed sad.

TVC

If you are talking about the bloke who face planted a car, then yes that was interesting. Lu's only comment on the piece was "At least he was coherent, unlike you". I like morphene..

For the record, I saw the car, the car didn't see me.

classic33

Leg End Member
The A&E here in Sandford has a dedicated bobby based there, which is indeed sad.
Local one had a Station there, when it opened. Removed later "because it gave the wrong message".

Been in every local A&E over the years. I've seen the good and the downright ugly side of many of them.

classic33

Leg End Member
When I was in hospital in Halifax, one injured lad came in handcuffed to a police officer, and the officer spent the night camped out at the entrance to the ward.
Last time in a ward, the police officer got a chair alongside and spent the rest of his shift handcuffed to the person in the bed.

Drago

Legendary Member
I've spent many a night turn guarding a prisoner in A&E, though fortunately never handcuffed to them. On the plus side the staff are usually pleased.to have the Dibble about So we usually get the full tea and toast hospitality.

Top Bottom