24hours in custody.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gbb

Legendary Member
I havnt read the rest of the comments so don't know the overall sentiment towards it but...
Watched most of it, gave up because you could see the way it was going.
He massively got it wrong IMO, not willfully perhaps but his actions put him there.
I read somewhere he's getting sued...well I hope they get a small nominal amount if they win.
Google Talor whatsisnamr...you'll quickly realise he's a career criminal and violent. What a world we live in.
But it's a reminder to all of us, you are responsible for your actions.

Victim of circumstance?

Definition of Victim of circumstance

a person who has suffered at the hands of someone else or a situation that is out of their control.

Not read this but possibly a good reference for responsibility and VoC.

https://www.thebritishacademy.ac.uk/documents/2462/97p169.pdf

Imho what happened was not beyond his control but very much within it. He chose to drive after people he believed to have tried to steal from a property not his own. Plenty of opportunities to control the situation through making the right choices or at least not as dodgy choices. Very thuggish choices of action made by him imho. Deserved the result the law provides for such cases.

Googling victim of circumstance I got a link to urban dictionary page on that. Rather distasteful explanation about a guy who raped someone but didn't want to get done for it so claimed to be a victim of circumstance. Criminal activity, don't want to accept responsibility for it, why not claim VoC? Not that he did necessarily but a poster on here claimed it for him. Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! He's a criminal because he did a crime when he had no reason to. How many other criminals made the wrong choices and end up being bars? No doubt all of them!

Reactions: C R
OP
OP
Jameshow

Jameshow

Veteran
I agree what he did was wrong, and should be punished but the injustice of him being punished whilst the scrots got away with it and are still doing so....

Also his for his wife decision to have a termination was poorly decided if he's played the destitute wife card he may have got a suspended sentence like the scrots

tom73

Guru
I agree what he did was wrong, and should be punished but the injustice of him being punished whilst the scrots got away with it and are still doing so....

Also his for his wife decision to have a termination was poorly decided if he's played the destitute wife card he may have got a suspended sentence like the scrots

Suspended sentence not quite getting away with it. They will be watched liked hawks the least little thing and they get locked up.
With history like they have it's lot harder to stay out of prison than get sent to one. The medical reports must be of concern for a judge to rule being hard to manage in prison. Health care deal with some very complex stuff as it is.

Reactions: C R

Brandane

Legendary Member
They will be watched liked hawks the least little thing and they get locked up.

"Watched like hawks" by who?
I wish I shared your optimism, but the Police are so thinly spread these days that anyone getting caught committing a crime is very unlucky. A couple of streetwise seasoned criminals? Even less chance of being caught. They won't be one bit bothered about their suspended sentence.

I don't understand why sympathy. You look at the offence committed on its own. Mitigation on sentence but what mitigation? He was not under threat, nor his property. He was not defending anyone or anything. He was full on vigilante out for vengeance, whether he accepts that or not it was the effect of what he did. Once found guilty the judge has sentencing guidelines for that offence. Plus and minus for mitigation or aggravated circumstances. Only aggravated circumstances perhaps due to his chase action and the way he hit them with his car, as we know cars are weapons in the wrong hands and his were the wrong hands that day.

Seriously, how can you have sympathy for someone who's simply a criminal thug with a car type of weapon.

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
Suspended sentence not quite getting away with it. They will be watched liked hawks the least little thing and they get locked up.
With history like they have it's lot harder to stay out of prison than get sent to one. The medical reports must be of concern for a judge to rule being hard to manage in prison. Health care deal with some very complex stuff as it is.

If only!

tom73

Guru
"Watched like hawks" by who?
I wish I shared your optimism, but the Police are so thinly spread these days that anyone getting caught committing a crime is very unlucky. A couple of streetwise seasoned criminals? Even less chance of being caught. They won't be one bit bothered about their suspended sentence.

You'd be surprised they will already be on the list any crime and they will dragged in. Average criminals are not brain of Briton one I work with once got spooked by a police car near by. Nothing to do with him , he had his hand in letter box at the time panic set in and when he pulled his hand out the letter box came with it. Another passing car spotted him walking down a neighbouring street with hand in said letterbox. Knowing him as they did they pulled him found the house and he got done.

Legs

usually riding on Zwift...
I haven't seen the program, but where does the jury (i.e. you lot) stand on pursuing the felons in expectation of retrieving stolen goods, or preventing them from scarpering into oblivion? Apparently there weren't any stolen goods in this case, but how was (checks) Adam going to be sure that nothing had been taken?

Top Bottom