25 Angry dogs attack cyclist

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
They were all wagging their tails. Of course it is intimidating, but I couldn't see aggression/snarling/bared teeth from any of the dogs. In situations like that (admittedly with substantially fewer dogs!) I've got away with talking calmly and nicely to them.

OP
OP
Peter Armstrong

Peter Armstrong

Über Member
They were all wagging their tails. Of course it is intimidating, but I couldn't see aggression/snarling/bared teeth from any of the dogs. In situations like that (admittedly with substantially fewer dogs!) I've got away with talking calmly and nicely to them.

Sorry that wrong (As the tail position moves further up, it is a sign the dog is becoming more threatening, with a vertical tail being a clearly dominant signal meaning, "I'm boss around here," or even a warning, "Back off or suffer the consequences.")

OP
OP
Peter Armstrong

Peter Armstrong

Über Member
No Idea how he should have delt with it, he did the best he could. My remark regarding the "Thats wrong was in refference to the tail wagging.

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Been discussed before and I still think the guy is a twonk.

Look at it from the perspective of the dogs: An intruder enters their territory so they bark to make him go away. Instead of going away, he makes a lot of noise and threatening gestures, so they bark more in defence of their territory.

If he'd just cycled through without shouting, they'd have left him alone.

Tommy2

Über Member
They all came tails wagging then he started shouting and being aggressive towards them, even it as you say, their tails started to look more aggressive (which I don't think they did) it was because of the threatening behaviour he was displaying.

In comparison, If I came running towards you with no malicious intentions and you started shouting aggressively at me I would have punched you in the nose long before those dogs would have felt threatened enough to have attacked that guy.

They weren't going to attack otherwise they would already done it within seconds of reaching him.

s7ephanie

middle of nowhere in France
I'd have s*it myself :cursing:

Brandane

Legendary Member
"Calm down; calm down" ; who was he shouting at? Himself hopefully. As others have said, the dogs looked pretty un-threatening until HE started showing aggression to THEM.

Adam G

Regular
I hate dogs. Just do - dog lovers give me abuse for not liking their dogs (often after I've told their dog to f.off (in a non-aggressive tone before you ask)) ... "awww, he just want to play" ... "don't worry his bark is worse than his bite" but they can still bite! You can be out on a run, in your zone and was comes running up along side you. Hate them hate them hate them!

Anyway, I was crapping myself watching the video. Think I would of head back up the hill as soon as I saw more than two of them.

Que dog lovers attacking my fear because I don't share their passion ;-)

Ningishzidda

I prefer dogs to people !!! In my bike bag i have doggie biscuits as i pass a couple of places where dogs are outside, in fact one dog sees me coming and joins me for a few metres then gets his biccy :hyper:

Well done Pavlov. They'll hear your spokes ringing well before they see you, so you've probably got them demanding biscuits off every passing cyclist.

Top Bottom