England : London 27 October. The Adventures of the Solitary Cyclist - a tribute to Sherlock Holmes.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Trickedem

Guru
A trip around London with a Sherlock Holmes theme. Please feel free to ride a Victorian bike and wear tweed and a deerstalker hat.
The route will be around 20 miles and will finish at around 1 to 1.30pm.

Meet at Hyde Park Corner (by the Royal Artillery Memorial) at 9.30am, leaving as soon as the Horse Guards have passed (usually about 9:45am). There'll be a quick comfort break part way round, but it would be best if you can use nearby facilities first.

As most will know, Sherlock Holmes lived and worked in London and on this ride we will visit some of the various places mentioned in the books, but also some of the many places featured in the multiple films and adaptations.

The small print, just as a reminder: This is not a formal ride under the auspices of any club. We will be just a bunch of friends on a ride together and my role will be simply to guide us round a route. As such, you will be riding under your own insurance.

Anyone interested?

And as for the Solitary Cyclist, it is a great title for a ride, but most of it is set in Farnham, so we won't visiting there unfortunately.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Can I pass this on to my Brompton group? Is there a charge?

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
A trip around London with a Sherlock Holmes theme. Please feel free to ride a Victorian bike and wear tweed and a deerstalker hat.
The route will be around 20 miles and will finish at around 1 to 1.30pm.

Meet at Hyde Park Corner (by the Royal Artillery Memorial) at 9.30am, leaving as soon as the Horse Guards have passed (usually about 9:45am). There'll be a quick comfort break part way round, but it would be best if you can use nearby facilities first.

As most will know, Sherlock Holmes lived and worked in London and on this ride we will visit some of the various places mentioned in the books, but also some of the many places featured in the multiple films and adaptations.

The small print, just as a reminder: This is not a formal ride under the auspices of any club. We will be just a bunch of friends on a ride together and my role will be simply to guide us round a route. As such, you will be riding under your own insurance.

Anyone interested?

And as for the Solitary Cyclist, it is a great title for a ride, but most of it is set in Farnham, so we won't visiting there unfortunately.
Should riders bring their own morphine?

Can I ask where this ends up - roughly?

May have to get to somewhere straight afterwards.

Top Bottom