2Facebook..what muppets

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Yesterday I moved a little Ottoman thing from one bedroom to another. I thought to myself, "that would come up nicely if I gave it a paint" (it's raw pine currently). I then thought that the addition of two little leather buckle straps to keep it closed would be a nice touch. So I searched Google for "small leather buckle straps for chest".

View attachment 602911

That would probably get me banned from FB, if I were on it. Which I'm not.

Used by walkers to carry their gear if they don’t want to wear a rucksack

oldwheels

Legendary Member
I understand what you're saying, but I won't be joining FB or anything similar. Before, I could simply browse the forum I was interested in, but this has now been blocked now - fair enough. To me, FB et al represent too many negatives in society, and can dominate to an unhealthy level. This is just a personal view - no disrespect to those that find such things to be of use/interest :okay:
Local to me FB is essential as news and information is disseminated there and nowhere else. Saves a lot of bother finding out the hard way.

DaveReading

Don't suffer fools gladly (must try harder!)
Alan Rickman: 'Cut out his heart with a spoon!'
His brother: ' A spoon?'
Rickman ' It's blunt it'll hurt more'

Prince of Thieves.

I wondered about that when I saw the film.

I hadn't realised that there were different degrees of painfulness involved in having one's heart cut out, depending on the implement used. :rolleyes:

OP
OP
steveindenmark

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I have been found not guilty 😁

AndreaJ

Veteran
I am a member of a dog agility group on Facebook, there was a discussion about Kennel Club rules regarding competing with female dogs in season where most people including the Kennel Club were using the correct term for a female dog and the Facebook algorithm had a complete meltdown deleting lots of posts and threatening to close the group!

Talking to the dead on facebook.
I've heard Youtube is just as bad. Can shut down a channel on a whim, that has taken years to build up. You've then got to move heaven and earth to try and speak to a human. Sad state of affairs.

Effectively left FB donkey's years ago.
I well remember a thread/conversation start where it transpired that the person who started it had total control over contributions.
Something pretty close happens in NACAs on here now and again.
Have no time for that sort of sad controlling nonsense - better to natter down the pub or wherever.
One thing that always amazed me - folk signing into various other stuff with a FB account - why the hell would anyone do that? - may as well walk around with a malicious monkey on my back and share my life with it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom