2Facebook..what muppets

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 1258

Spending your weekend hardcore hoeing probably means different things to different people. 😀

To the majority of people hoeing is linked to gardening, an internet search brings up mostly gardening results, but further investigation brought up a reference to prostitution in the urban dictionary, something I wasn't aware of.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
I had a temporary ban for posting that old photo of Ex-Prince Harry at the fancy dress party he attended, in his yoof, in nazi attire.

:laugh:

OP
OP
steveindenmark

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
You deserved a ban, that quote is from Taken
You are of course correct.

But I was being banned for being a potential mass murder. Not a film critic.

But a 24 hour ban on FB for threatening to kill people is not bad. In real life it could be a couple of years in prison.
Say only nice things on the internet, is the lesson learnt 😁

Dec66

A gentlemanly pootler, these days
You are of course correct.

But I was being banned for being a potential mass murder. Not a film critic.

But a 24 hour ban on FB for threatening to kill people is not bad. In real life it could be a couple of years in prison.
Say only nice things on the internet, is the lesson learnt 😁
Your mistake, of course, is not being a malevolent billionaire with questionable societal views.

If that were the case, and you bought the advertising, you could get away with saying whatever you like, with no sanction whatsoever.

OP
OP
steveindenmark

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Your mistake, of course, is not being a malevolent billionaire with questionable societal views.

If that were the case, and you bought the advertising, you could get away with saying whatever you like, with no sanction whatsoever.
I did notice that you cannot talk to a live person unless you have a business account.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
“Finnis Everglot: If ever I see that Van Dort boy, I'll strangle him with my bare hands!
- Maudeline Everglot: Your hands are too fat, and his neck is too thin. You'll have to use a rope.”

Why not join and just view that group, you don't have to participate in any other way, set your privacy settings correctly and enjoy your peccadillos.

I was not interested in Facebook for a long time but I joined to view local cycle sales, I have bought and sold on these groups, but have discovered lots of interesting groups, such as local history and community.

There is some dross posted on Facebook but also some very good and helpful stuff.
I understand what you're saying, but I won't be joining FB or anything similar. Before, I could simply browse the forum I was interested in, but this has now been blocked now - fair enough. To me, FB et al represent too many negatives in society, and can dominate to an unhealthy level. This is just a personal view - no disrespect to those that find such things to be of use/interest :okay:

Chris S

Legendary Member
Yesterday I moved a little Ottoman thing from one bedroom to another. I thought to myself, "that would come up nicely if I gave it a paint" (it's raw pine currently). I then thought that the addition of two little leather buckle straps to keep it closed would be a nice touch. So I searched Google for "small leather buckle straps for chest".

View attachment 602911

That would probably get me banned from FB, if I were on it. Which I'm not.
You will probably get ads for S&M gear popping up every time you use Google.

I understand what you're saying, but I won't be joining FB or anything similar. Before, I could simply browse the forum I was interested in, but this has now been blocked now - fair enough. To me, FB et al represent too many negatives in society, and can dominate to an unhealthy level. This is just a personal view - no disrespect to those that find such things to be of use/interest :okay:
Yes, you are entirely correct. facebook is an openly malign influence on society.
You don't even need to have an account or to visit their site for them to build a psychological profile of you - every website with a facebook icon can be used to track your interests and viewing history, unless you're using a browser with tracking protection.

Even then, I don't allow any of my devices to go near it, I have a blacklist of every facebook domain.

[edit: shuffled words some to make grammar gooder]

Last edited:

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Never been banned from Facebook but I was banned for 4 days from Tiktok. I have no idea why either. All they said was I had broken rules numerous times. I wear that ban like a badge now. :laugh:

Yesterday I moved a little Ottoman thing from one bedroom to another. I thought to myself, "that would come up nicely if I gave it a paint" (it's raw pine currently). I then thought that the addition of two little leather buckle straps to keep it closed would be a nice touch. So I searched Google for "small leather buckle straps for chest".

View attachment 602911

That would probably get me banned from FB, if I were on it. Which I'm not.
Some time ago I was having trouble with the fitted bed sheets coming off the corners in the middle of the night - I had heard about some elastic fabric devices to clip on and hold them in place
I searched for "bed straps"
Didn't really come up with the products I was looking for

Top Bottom