2nd new arrival : Peugeot Course du Monde or is it?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
This afternoon I bid, won and collected a Peugeot Course Record du Monde, or what's believed to be one. Resprayed with only '123' underneath the frame as badging.

Came with Alesa rims, Campag rear hub and Stronglight cranks it's a mixture of items, with ITM stem and Champion bars. Tyres are new and I particularly like the wheels. 12 speed gears which are Shimano, although I'm convinced they're not new.

Would '123' represent a Pug? Particularly a Record du Monde? It doesn't seem to match with any Peugeot frame numbering pattern I'm aware of. There's no other frame marks anywhere I can find. The frame badge slot fits 1979/80 but the forks don't match that year as they've a light bracket.

Pug1.jpg
Pug2.jpg
Pug3.jpg
Pug4.jpg
Pug5.jpg
Pug6.JPG

Last edited:

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Nice. I wonder what "World Record" they are referring to?

OP
OP
DCLane

DCLane

Had a play with this today; adjusted mudguards and derailleurs. It doesn't want to go into the smallest cog and looks like it never could, so I'm wondering if it was 10 speed all along. It's been built from a series of parts so there's nothing helping identification apart from the holder for the missing head badge.

Definately a Peugeot from the frame tubes, possibly 1979/80. Needs some decals. Needs rear wheel bearings and the cables putting the right way round on the bars. Otherwise it's fine.

A bit of searching makes me think this is a 1980 UO-10 Course, with different forks.

Last edited:
OP
OP
DCLane

DCLane

I've fitted the decals but it'll be going on sale shortly. No space and I've got a 1951 Raleigh Sports coming to add to the 1950's Dawes I'm about to build:

DSCF5700.JPG

Top Bottom