3 day trip ideas

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ajax Bay

Guru
What was unflattering? The bit where you come off the track, go through a new housing estate, over a small road then up a really steep hill. That might not be Horrabridge but it was an arse of a climb on a tandem. So if it wasn't Horrabridge, where was it?
I thought it unflattering (and unfair) to call the lovely pull up onto Roborough Down on a cycle path through the woods an 'arse of a climb' imo. One climbs 50m in a kilometre: short, sweet and not sharp, especially with two driving hard and in unison. The A road climbs 80m (and I assumed that it was this climb to which you referred).

Dave 123

Legendary Member
I thought it unflattering (and unfair) to call the lovely pull up onto Roborough Down on a cycle path through the woods an 'arse of a climb' imo. One climbs 50m in a kilometre: short, sweet and not sharp, especially with two driving hard and in unison. The A road climbs 80m (and I assumed that it was this climb to which you referred).

Well I'm clearly wrong then.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Does the ride have to be a "thing" like the C2C or whatever. There's lots of lovely and varied countryside around the midlands, indeed all over the country. You could pick a couple of intermediate destinations, pretty much anywhere (avoiding conurbations and hideously hilly bits). It could be thoroughly unremarkable but the real ingredient will be you, riding along with your friends, having fun. :smile:

Or go and ride around in France. The thrill of getting the ferry with your bikes (OK, I'm easily thrilled) and then a succession of pretty Normandy towns in which you can scoff huge quantities of patisserie.

Top Bottom