Scotland : Glasgow & Clyde Valley 3 ferries. April 27th 2014.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rasmus

Without a clever title
you're early. The Branchton contingent just arrived at the terminal. Waiting for the Wemyss Bay starters.

Somebuddy

Über Member
What ferry you gettin?

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Excuses, @Fubar, excuses :whistle: - did it sound a bit far and a bit 'lumpy' ? :ohmy:

When will we get to see the N+1 :bicycle: ??? Is it lots faster then the present one ? :biggrin:

Sorry you missed the ride - it's a tough one - but a good 'un :rolleyes:

OP
OP
Brandane

Brandane

Legendary Member
I am just in the door. Had to do an extra 10 miles once I got back to Largs, so that it would count as my 100km for April in the 100km challenge.
Thanks to all who turned up for this one (and didn't come up with some BS excuse about an exploding tyre :laugh:). It was great to see the regular faces, as well as some new ones. Thanks to the GRC group members for coming along too, and leaving me in their wake :smile:. Many thanks to the weather Gods too; it was a fantastic day and the hills looked so much more friendly in the sunshine! Thanks to Telemark, provider of excellent cake, again :hungry:.
Hope you all got home safely. Until the next ride ..... :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Thanks all. Was a great day out and got a chance to meet some very nice people. Thank you for inviting us along. I'll keep my eye out in this forum in the future

Louch

105% knowledge on 105
Hope you all had a great ride, gutted about my exploding tyre! All fixed now, too late for the ride though. On the plus side while I was buying new tyres had a wee look at the bikes and N+1 is on order... :dance:
a new bike will be almost as cheap as the last time you went to buy tyres :smile:

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
I am just in the door. Just had to do an extra 10 miles once I got back to Largs, so that it would count as my 100km for April in the 100km challenge.
Thanks to all who turned up for this one (and didn't come up with some BS excuse about an exploding tyre :laugh:). It was great to see the regular faces, as well as some new ones. Thanks to the GRC group members for coming along too, and leaving me in their wake :smile:. Many thanks to the weather Gods too; it was a fantastic day and the hills looked so much more friendly in the sunshine! Thanks to Telemark, provider of excellent cake, again :hungry:.

:boxing:I'll have you know that there were witnesses for the exploding tyre, @Brandane ... a whole train carriage full of people. A real shame, @Fubar, but perhaps much better for this to happen while you weren't actually riding the bike, say in the middle of nowhere, while on a descent. :surrender: I'd have jumped out of my skin if it had happened on the ride, it was bad enough on the train :ohmy:.
Of course with N+1 now on order, too, looks like it was your lucky day :whistle:.
May we ask what it/he/she will be?

I'll post up some pictures later, what a brilliant day out - thanks again @Brandane for organising and keeping us (mostly) from getting lost. Not sure whether to thank you for sending me to the ferry the long & hilly way round :rolleyes: ... in the end I had to wait about 10 min for boarding, and I think I saw @MikeW-71 and one of the Stevens roll into the ferry car park as the ferry pulled away from the pier :hello:.

T:hello:

Fubar

Guru
I am just in the door. Just had to do an extra 10 miles once I got back to Largs, so that it would count as my 100km for April in the 100km challenge.

I'll have you know I blew £22:30 on a return to wemyss bay and still not seen this bloody IBM stop! As @Telemark says it was witnessed, next time I'll pull out the night before and not bother getting up at 6am! New tyres purchased soon to be fitted, you'll have to wait for N+1 pics ;)

Sounds like a great ride, maybe next time I'll make it further than Glasgow...

OP
OP
Brandane

Brandane

Legendary Member
Not sure whether to thank you for sending me to the ferry the long & hilly way round :rolleyes: ... in the end I had to wait about 10 min for boarding, and I think I saw @MikeW-71 and one of the Stevens roll into the ferry car park as the ferry pulled away from the pier :hello:.

T:hello:

Oops, sorry :blush:; my excuse is that I haven't lived there for about 30 years now, my local knowledge is a touch rusty. That, and hill fatigue was setting in! There can't be a lot in it distance wise though? Will have to check it out on Strava, just out of curiosity :thumbsup:.

Top Bottom