Scotland : Glasgow & Clyde Valley 3 ferries. April 27th 2014.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
:blush::blush::blush: Ettrick Bay cafe to Rothesay pier via Port Bannatyne ..... 4.77 miles
Via the route I sent you @Telemark ; errm .... 5.85 miles, and a bit hillier too :blush::blush::blush:.

Just a bit :laugh: ... and most of the uphill bits were into the wind, too ...;)

I had a wee bit left in my legs after the lovely food at the Ettrick Bay tea rooms, so no problem ... as I went along that road, the next wee bits slowly came back to me from when HJ and I were on Bute a few years back. There was one point where I was mixing it up with an even hillier run into Rothesay - nothing worth writing home about really, but thinking of catching that ferry :whistle:. In the end, all's well that ends well. :thumbsup:

Did you guys go back via Port Bannatyne?

T

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Auch my legs :laugh:
Great to see everybody again, plus some new faces too!
Sorry for being always the last one up any hill, down any hill or as a matter of fact, last on any straight road :laugh:
Thanks very much @Brandane for organizing this, all my pictures here
@MikeW-71 gave us 2 tins of cake for the train: all polished with many grateful thought to you, Mike!
I kept the nice tin to fill with more home baking, from me this time, for the next CC Ecosse ride :mrpig:
What I have learned today: a new bike not makes Pat 5mph perform any better: more hill training needed :bicycle:but my new steed Colombo looks the part :biggrin:

Thanks for organising this @Brandane, a great reason to catch up with faces old and new and some of the most fun I've had on a bike this year (I may or may not be including the serpentine in this!) Fantastic weather :sun:, awesome views, great company and excellent cake (thanks to @Telemark mid-ride and @MikeW-71 on the train home - the cake at the cafe wasn't bad either!) :hungry:

(hopefully @Fubar can make it along for the ride next time)

Last edited:

MikeW-71

Veteran
That was a great ride. It might not be high on mileage, but it completely wins on scenery and company :thumbsup:. It's well worth me getting up at 6:30am and driving two hours to get to it and it's one of my favourites along with Arran.

And there is that one beefy climb to test yourself on :surrender:

I'm sorting through the video from the day and I even took some photos for a change (I usually forget) which are here

Great to meet some new faces, see you all again soon :biggrin:

Fubar

Guru
That was a great ride. It might not be high on mileage, but it completely wins on scenery and company :thumbsup:. It's well worth me getting up at 6:30am and driving two hours to get to it and it's one of my favourites along with Arran.

And there is that one beefy climb to test yourself on :surrender:

I'm sorting through the video from the day and I even took some photos for a change (I usually forget) which are here

Great to meet some new faces, see you all again soon :biggrin:

Looks like the weather was fab (unlike the overcast day in the East) and I missed a cracking ride :sad:

maybe next year, after a thorough tyre check...

EDIT: And I missed out on cake!

Sorry I missed it. Sounds like a great day was had!

There's a good chance this link won't work for you, but if it doesn't, go here and put in the proper URL, and you can see a cool animation of all of us strava people roaming around Cowal and Bute.
They stole that idea from Veloviewer Ben :dry:. Really cool feature though, especially going back to previous CC rides. The Arran one from last year is most interesting!

Rasmus

Without a clever title
They stole that idea from Veloviewer Ben :dry:. Really cool feature though, especially going back to previous CC rides. The Arran one from last year is most interesting!
Yep, they sure did. Apparently restrictions on fetching other people's ride data is not so much of a privacy issue when Strava does it themselves rather than a third party through the API...

MikeW-71

Veteran
Top Bottom