3 Grand. Bike of a lifetime

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bpsmith

Veteran
Thanks for that endorsement. It's been a bit of a journey, I have to say.
You hardly need it...you knew it already! :smile:

OP
OP
Winnershsaint
Picking it up on Tuesday.

Attachments

• IMAG0233[1].jpg
    IMAG0233[1].jpg
    286 KB · Views: 168
  • IMAG0232_BURST001[1].jpg
    IMAG0232_BURST001[1].jpg
    233.2 KB · Views: 152

SteCenturion

I am your Father
I have the Ergonova Bars myself. Have you used them before? the sizing comes up a bit narrow on the hoods compared to the drops as they taper, but I didn't feel the need to go up a size. Personal preference.
Tempted by the Aeronova however, they look lovely and aero... a couple of BMC riders were using them in the tour. They would affect your stem length though as the reach is silly long.
@lejogger

Agreed with the width comment on the Ergonova bars, I have the Team version on both bikes, but *only in the interest of accuracy* I also have a set of Aeronova Team Stealth bars & although they currently sit in a box, I have offered them up & won't need to change the stem.
Not a major point, more in case anyone is considering them.

Fantastic bars by the way both Ergonova & Aeronova.

lejogger

Guru
@lejogger

Agreed with the width comment on the Ergonova bars, I have the Team version on both bikes, but *only in the interest of accuracy* I also have a set of Aeronova Team Stealth bars & although they currently sit in a box, I have offered them up & won't need to change the stem.
Not a major point, more in case anyone is considering them.

Fantastic bars by the way both Ergonova & Aeronova.

I have little choice but to bow to your greater wisdom on this matter having never seen the Aeronova in the flesh...

...but... the stated reach is 77mm on the Ergonova, and 104mm on the Aeronova. That's 27mm difference on paper.
If you're riding on the tops then I guess everything will remain equal (should it be possible to ride on those wide aero tops), but for the drops and hoods, surely your hands are going to be a good bit further forward??

Unless I've missed something?

OP
OP
Winnershsaint
Just to round this off and put the thread to bed. Picked it up on Tuesday, and it is, as samsbike says, very pretty. Took it out for it's maiden voyage that pm but there were gear changing issues with the Ui2. That notwithstanding, the biggest highlight for me was the acceleration and its capacity to stay at a given speed in relation to effort. Finishing the ride I have to confess my legs felt less fatigued than on the same ride on the Ridley even though it was a faster ride. So it's back to the shop tomorrow to get the indexing sorted out and hopefully many more enjoyable rides. Just wanted to thank all those who put their twopenneth in to the discussion. May post some pictures on 'show us your carbon' over the next few weeks and give an update on how I'm getting on with it.

bpsmith

Veteran
Glad you're chuffed with it. Enjoy!

OP
OP
Winnershsaint
Replaced Edge 500 with 520 and took it out for 50+K today. Di2 was sweet, especially the bit where you can go from middle gears to top in one shift. Only downside is the Exalith coating on the wheels which shriek so loudly under heavy breaking I wouldn't want to be near someone of a nervous disposition or a heavily pregnant lady when doing so. I am led to believe it will calm down. Unwittingly had to do so close to an elderly couple near Windsor and saw them physically jump in fright. Seriously impressed with the ride quality and the components and looking forward to going out again tomorrow.

Top Bottom