3 Pistes Cycle Scottish Highands

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

3pistes

Regular
TUG... will you please hurry up and enter or I will be forced to publish that photo of you at the finish line!

Anywho.... How about this for the next project from the 3 Pistes crew?

Dunoon Dynamo Full Moon Sportive. Sat 4th July. Glasgow - Dunoon via OLD Rest and Be Thankful.

Start 9pm in Glasgow, ride west along the Firth of Clyde towards the setting sun, climb the OLD Rest and be Thankful bathed in Full Moonlight, ride south east to Dunoon and the sun rising over the Firth of Clyde at 4.32am. BBQ and Cafe del Mar stylee party. Get the ferry back.

http://dunoondynamo.wordpress.com/

https://www.facebook.com/dunoondynamo

twighlight-bike.gif

dunoon-dynamo-standard.png

dunoon-dynamo-epic.png

Sunset over the Firth of Clyde at Helensburgh
12355050285_fb2f936c61_b.jpg

The OLD Rest and be Thankful
2014-01-28-14-25-31.jpg

Sunrise over the Kyles of Bute at Tighnabruich
ws506.jpg

We can discuss further on Saturday - distance no longer really worries me but since the Etape Pennines hills certainly do. I don't doubt I could probably do it, but it's the possibility of failing (however faint) that puts me off...
We never did get to have that discussion!

Like I said, if I, with my shonky knee and woolly brain can get over Glenshee from the south then you certainly can! You might have to abandon your usual practice of riding to the start and home from the end, though...

Rasmus

Without a clever title
@3pistes

Hell's Glen at 1 am ^_^

Looks like a great event (especially the long route) - I'd sign up in a second if I was still local. I've done the old road up the Rest, and my legs still remember those switchbacks...

Fubar

Guru
We never did get to have that discussion!

Like I said, if I, with my shonky knee and woolly brain can get over Glenshee from the south then you certainly can! You might have to abandon your usual practice of riding to the start and home from the end, though...

I was avoiding that particular conversation... ;)

If you are planning any training rides I would happily join you, think I would need to conquer some of my fears of these hills before doing them for the first time - though ignorance is bliss! Plus as much as I'm a poor climber I'm a crap descender also, so would probably lose a lot of time clinging onto my brakes going downhill!

I was avoiding that particular conversation... ;)

If you are planning any training rides I would happily join you, think I would need to conquer some of my fears of these hills before doing them for the first time - though ignorance is bliss! Plus as much as I'm a poor climber I'm a crap descender also, so would probably lose a lot of time clinging onto my brakes going downhill!
Pick a climb of about 7%. Ride up it. Ride back down. Repeat until broken!

After my dismaying capitulation when riding up the side of the Tenerife volcano, no climb in Britain holds any fear for me.

OP
OP
tug benson

tug benson

Survived the Tour O the borders 2013
I am getting very tempted, and will start to study caledonian sleeper schedules... I'll need to seriously step up my hillclimb training, though.

Any guesses at when/if the event is likely to sell out? Recommendations for a b&b in Pitlochry?

Edit: Looks like it is already sold out. Better set my sights on the Lord of the Lochs instead, then.
Done the Lord of the lochs, good sportive with a cracking big climb right after the main food stop.

OP
OP
tug benson

tug benson

Survived the Tour O the borders 2013
Thats me signed up for the sportive again..Bring it on

@3pistes i want a extra large bowl of pasta at the end..£36:gun: or you could always post pictures next year of me doing the Lecht so i can have a new facebook profile picture:ph34r:

I know I know, I just ned to work out what I would be doing re getting to start, and getting back to start after finishing

- Park in Pitlochry, book a hotel/hostel in Aviemore, train back (or ride back)
- Or alternatively, park in Aviemore, book a hotel/hostel in Pitlochry, get the train to Pitlochry the night before.

Top Bottom