3 reports on BBC Look North yesterday

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I caught 'Look North' yesterday evening and 3 of the reports might be of interest. Not the ones about the Dewsbury family drugging and kidnapping their own daughter I hasten to add... :smile:

The first of these reports was about a couple of guys from Ilkley who have started their own cycle clothing company to sell more 'tasteful' less garish kit. I prefer that kind of thing myself in the summer. This time of year with poor light conditions - the more garish, the better! This link will possibly only work today.

After that there was a report on Segways. They look a lot of fun, but I kept thinking - "why!" What's wrong with walking? Ok, on a big site that might be impractical, in which case - ride a bike! This link will possibly only work today

There was a report about a woman who "never gets ill" and is still very active. She does three 2 hour gym sessions a week and looks really good for her age, which is... 90! I normally think "Oh, yeah, so what!" when I see that kind of report. You know - the "He's 66 years old and can still run to catch a bus!" kind of thing. This was something else. There isn't a separate link for that report but you can currently watch a replay of the show here. It's about 3/4 of the way through. [It has now been replaced by today's programme]

What do you think? If that woman wasn't a fantastic advertisement for the power of healthy eating and regular exercise, I don't what one would look like. (Okay, she could lose a few pounds, but let's not be churlish! If I was the male equivalent of her in about 40 years time I'd be pretty happy with my lot)

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
OMG - no way she was 90!!!!

Very impressive.

colly

Re member eR
I saw that too. That woman was amazing for 90. I said to my mrs I wouldn't mind looking like that when I was 90...........my own fun bags to mess about with all day long too. Unamused.

Oh well...............

Globalti

Legendary Member
My mum's 78 and she still trains weekly at a gym and walks many miles a week; she could see off most people half her age. She's a retired physio so knows the importance of exercise.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

yenrod said:
A segway was made, i think, to traverse great areas ie runways and not resorting to a car etc. !
Whatever happened to "On yer bike!"...?

mondobongo

Über Member
Likewise I could find nothing on Shutt or Velo Rapide which is what appears to be the brand name. Agree that it sounds Rapha like as they mention dark colours and sportswool.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

ColinJ said:
I couldn't find them using Google, but I've emailed Look North to ask for a URL.
Don't think we'll get it from the Beeb... :wacko:
  • "Thank you for writing to BBC Look North. We appreciate your comments and your stories. Because we receive so many emails and texts, we can't respond to each one individually. However, we will read your email and get back to you if we can run your story. We'll also try to include your comments on our programme. If you have a complaint, we will get back to you within 10 days."
Perhaps I should complain that they won't give us the URL :biggrin:!

Moorland

I know these guys. They are in the process of manufacture at the moment. I think the web site and sales will be going live beginning of Feb.
One is a designer, I think, and the other a businessman but both ride with the Ilkley Earlybirds. Setting of at 6.30am, so serious then!!! Once it comes live , ill let you know.

Cheers

Top Bottom