3 sleeps

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alan Whicker

Getting a new bike is always exciting. What is it?

Alan Whicker

Ah, that's Giant's competitor to the Trek 7.3FX (which I own) and the Spesh Sirrus. All great bikes, and all enhanced and made faster by the addition of a pannier rack (and mudguards)
tongue.gif

! more sleep and I will be picking up my Giant Defy 1, I have asked for mudguards as it will be for commuting mainly because it though the cycle saver scheme through work and part of the T&C it is to be used for mainly communing

Afternoon all,

I'm waiting for the phone call to inform me my new ride is ready...

Also via the C2W scheme, well at least the first £999.99 is..

The bike is a local Bike shop branded frame the Shorter Rochford 's Stilo

Will have a thread etc when it arrives..

Adrian

OP
OP
T

The_East_Stand_View

There do seem to be lots of great bikes out there. I hope to recoup my spend in 6 to 7 months through savings in fuel and gym membership.

I may not get the bike till Monday now!! :sad:

I use a cycle track. How long will my commute take on the new wheels???

OP
OP
T

The_East_Stand_View

Lol :smile: they are a necessary evil on a commuter bike. I find heavy rucksack a strain on my lower back. Saw some footage of bikes racing in the rain today, the spray was terrible as no mud guards were fitted! Lol :smile:

Alan Whicker

Nine miles? I would say about 40-45 minutes, depending on traffic. Best thing to do is ride the route as a 'practice', take that time as a base and then try and beat your time by a bit every day (if that's what you want to do). Or just pootle along like an elderly vicar, like me*. My 5 miles commute takes about 35 minutes in a very urban environment on the Trek. On the singlespeed I tend to leg it a bit and can knock off at least 5-8 minutes.

Somebody will be along soon to say they can do nine miles in ten minutes
laugh.gif

[sup]* I am not an actual elderly vicar. I just ride like one most days. I'm never in a hurry for anything.[/sup]

Top Bottom