3 songs for your funeral....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
On Friday we say goodbye to dear friend @hopless 500, she's going out with a bang at the Crem' to the following 3 tunes she picked:

Rage against the machine - Killing in the name of love
Duran Duran - Ordinary World
Metallica - Enter Sandman

So I thought about 3 for me (with a certain wryness)….

Pink Floyd - Wish you were here
Herbie Hancock - Maiden Voyage
Average White band - Pick up the pieces

What might you choose to say farewell?

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady
Slayer - Hell Awaits
Black Sabbath - Black Sabbath
Iron Maiden - Dance Of Death

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
walking in... Spanish Flea - Herb Alpert & Tijuanna brass ...it's silly and jaunty and demonstrates that i never took life very seriously
the one they've got to sit all the way through... Heaven Can Wait - Meat Loaf ...it's bloody awful and far too long and I'm slightly evil.
walking out... not sure yet.

...but I'd probably go for Gong's Love is How Y Make it for the one they have to sit through... otherwise people might miss the irony and think i actually liked Heaven Can Wait :sad:

Last edited:

yello

John Cage ~ 4'33"

Three times over, or on a loop, as you prefer.

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
I've said it before, but with credit to Malcolm Hardee for the idea, I would genuinely like a nude man with a lit Roman Candle sticking out of his bum, singing "There's no business like showbusiness".

I understand it's probably a no-no, so failing that I've always liked Procol Harum's Whiter Shade of Pale as the maudlin piece, maybe the walking out. The other bits, nothing too downbeat, I've been to a few funerals recently and that first bit with everyone sobbing at a poignant piece is awful. I love @cookiemonster 's suggestion of Unfinished Sympathy, that strikes a nice chord.

cookiemonster

Legendary Member
I've said it before, but with credit to Malcolm Hardee for the idea, I would genuinely like a nude man with a lit Roman Candle sticking out of his bum, singing "There's no business like showbusiness".

I understand it's probably a no-no, so failing that I've always liked Procol Harum's Whiter Shade of Pale as the maudlin piece, maybe the walking out. The other bits, nothing too downbeat, I've been to a few funerals recently and that first bit with everyone sobbing at a poignant piece is awful. I love @cookiemonster 's suggestion of Unfinished Sympathy, that strikes a nice chord.

Now there's an idea. ^_^

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Not mine but my wife specified a bit from Land of the Mountain and the Flood. The bit used as theme music for a series on BBC based on a real life lawyer in Oban.
Generally pretty dreary but this bit is upbeat. The minister had it all set up but when he pressed the button to start the machine had reset itself so we got the wrong music. He did admit to his mistake but he kept to the time he had allowed.:blush:
For myself I have not given it much thought. Far too young.:rolleyes:

Top Bottom