3 years on CC

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

13 rider

Guru
Apparently I've been a member for 3 years Dosn't time fly . It also means Ive been back to cycling for 3 years as well . I can't believe how far Ive come from my first ride of 6 miles to Sundays forum ride which I organised where I got back to the finish with 80 miles in the bag but had to stay out to complete an Imperial ton . Thanks to everyone on here for all the advice and encouragement along the way some of the advice has been ignored and some taken to heart . All the forum members I've met on rides you've all been good company and looking forward to many more . Special thanks to @Supersuperleeds for the encouragement to up the milage and @ColinJ for creating the half century challenge which changed my riding and kept me getting out to ride . Thanks to this challenge and a suggestion by @Joobert I organised my first forum ride where I met @tallliman and now me @Supersuperleeds and @tallliman have become regular riding partners . The forum rides have become a regular thing I not lost or killed anyone yet but nearly did at the weekend but it was me who had the incident so no problems then and don't mention Norton hill to @guitarpete247 .
To anybody I've not mentioned I apologise there's to many of you to thank . To anyone just starting on their journey just keep riding and enjoying it you never now where it will lead but all the help you want is available on this friendly forum

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
Thank you for keeping tabs on the monthly challenge - it helps me to keep my nose to the grindstone feet on the pedals.

OP
OP
13 rider

13 rider

Guru
Thank you for keeping tabs on the monthly challenge - it helps me to keep my nose to the grindstone feet on the pedals.
Your welcome the half century challenge has become a bit of an obsession with me because I think a brilliant challenge for beginners and riders whom the centuries challenges are a bridge to far and it's get people out riding

@13 rider You've organised some cracking forum rides, without them I wouldn't be anywhere near the number of imperials that I am at.

I enjoy riding solo, but I really enjoy the forum rides. Though next ride I'm staying a bit further back :tongue:

You keep saying that and then disappearing into the distance! :tongue:

Top Bottom