30% off Temple bikes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

All uphill

Still rolling along
Tbh I think for a "reasonably priced" off-the-peg "British" bike that's as good as it's going to get. Granted there are other brands who will actually fab the frame in the UK (often to your dims / with a wider range of pre-selectable options), however unsurprisingly these are far more money.

Brands like Genesis and Temple arguably occupy the middle ground between these higher-end bespoke / semi-bespoke true-frame builders and the high-volume brands who either don't do steel, or only entertain the idea for tourers.

Granted similar to the AD2 but with a full hydro 105 groupset for £1700; so a fair bit cheaper compared to the full price offering from Temple, but comparable / worst value compared to the discounted price.

Tbh all of this seems a bit silly relative to the £1500 I paid for my full-hydro-105-with-a-bit-of-GRX CdF 30 in 2020..
You did well!

It will be interesting to see where prices are next Spring - I'm guessing there will be lots more sales between now and then.

D

Deleted member 121159

Granted similar to the AD2 but with a full hydro 105 groupset for £1700; so a fair bit cheaper compared to the full price offering from Temple, but comparable / worst value compared to the discounted price.

Tbh all of this seems a bit silly relative to the £1500 I paid for my full-hydro-105-with-a-bit-of-GRX CdF 30 in 2020..

I think the Spa offering is closer to AD1 than AD2 with a full hydro groupset. Even at the reduced price of £1579 I expect hydro brakes...

OP
OP
wafter

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
You did well!

It will be interesting to see where prices are next Spring - I'm guessing there will be lots more sales between now and then.
Thanks and yes - RRP at the time was £2k so I got a great deal (thanks to De Ver cycles in London), the spec of that particular year (and the one before) was as close to perfect as I was going to get, and I pushed myself to make the purchase just before everyone ran out of stock and the covid bubble really took hold :smile:

I think like most things, new (especially higher-end) bikes will never come down to what they were. Seems more pricey stuff is holding its value better than lower-end stuff, which figures I suppose.

There's no direct comparison for my CdF since they neutered the 30 with mech. discs and pushed the hydro watermark up to the newly-introduced 40, which is well north of £2k. At the time I bought mine the 20 was £1300 RRP, now I think they're about £1700 - although the spec has changed slightly.

Interestingly (if unsurprisingly) Genesis haven't released any revisions to the CdF range since those released after mine - I think MY 2021 at the end of 2020.. understandable were likely already in the pipeline when covid hit.

I think the Spa offering is closer to AD1 than AD2 with a full hydro groupset. Even at the reduced price of £1579 I expect hydro brakes...
Dunno... the AD2 is 105 mech (essentially as the only bit that differs from the full groupset is the calipers), the Spa is full 105 Hydro, the AD1 GRX full hydro.. so the AD2 has the cheapest groupset, then the Spa and finally the AD1.

Going by the prices for full 11sp groupsets on Merlin's site (one of the few places that lists them all) you're looking at £419 for 105 mech, £565 for 105 hydro and £699 for the GRX hydro. So for groupset cost (from this source at least) the Spa's is right in the middle between the two Temple offerings..

All uphill

Still rolling along
After spending too much time browsing their website I received a £25 voucher from Temple today which tipped me over the edge. Their site allows this in addition to the 30% off.

I've ordered a Classic Lightweight touring frame and fork in British Racing Green with headset for £343.

Building a reasonably quick light tourer will be my winter project. I n theory I'll be using parts I already have; in theory. I'll post details.

OP
OP
wafter

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
After spending too much time browsing their website I received a £25 voucher from Temple today which tipped me over the edge. Their site allows this in addition to the 30% off.

I've ordered a Classic Lightweight touring frame and fork in British Racing Green with headset for £343.

Building a reasonably quick light tourer will be my winter project. I n theory I'll be using parts I already have; in theory. I'll post details.

Nice work - glad you found it of use; tbh I'm still slightly tempted myself.

Will be interested to see how it pans out :smile:

All uphill

Still rolling along
Nice work - glad you found it of use; tbh I'm still slightly tempted myself.

Will be interested to see how it pans out :smile:

I've started two lists, one of parts I already have, and one of parts I'll need.

The big decision is whether to cannibalise my Felt for its 105 drivetrain or make a serious effort to sell it.

Top Bottom