300 mile cycle route north of Glasgow

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

slow scot

Veteran
Thank you. From Wester Lix is there a fun way to get to the western point of Loch Katrine, or even any way, even if it goes via Crianlarich or somewhere like that?
I'm not sure what you mean by "Wester Lix". The only way to get to the western end of Loch Katrine from Crianlarich is to go south down Loch Lomond and cross by ferry to Inversnaid Hotel. Timings for this would have to be checked.
The tour round Loch Katrine is best done from Callander ante clockwise; the ascent of the Dukes Pass from Aberfoyle is a classic, and you get to cycle along Loch Venacher twice. There is a fine cafe at Stronachlacher, which is your half way point.

OP
OP
Twilkes

Twilkes

Guru
I'm not sure what you mean by "Wester Lix". The only way to get to the western end of Loch Katrine from Crianlarich is to go south down Loch Lomond and cross by ferry to Inversnaid Hotel. Timings for this would have to be checked.
The tour round Loch Katrine is best done from Callander ante clockwise; the ascent of the Dukes Pass from Aberfoyle is a classic, and you get to cycle along Loch Venacher twice. There is a fine cafe at Stronachlacher, which is your half way point.

The A85/A827 junction, but if there's only a ferry across I'll probably skip it. This is turning into multiple rides, so many good routes...

Baldy

Über Member
Do you mean Loch Katrine or Loch Tay?
From the Lux Toll you go eastward to Killin and Loch Tay along the A827.

Loch Katrine is further south nearer to Callander.

OP
OP
Twilkes

Twilkes

Guru
Do you mean Loch Katrine or Loch Tay?
From the Lux Toll you go eastward to Killin and Loch Tay along the A827.

Loch Katrine is further south nearer to Callander.

Yes sorry, Loch Katrine, I wouldn't head up to Killin it's too far for me to get back to Glasgow on one trip.

Baldy

Über Member
OK, coming from Glasgow follow NCN7 to Aberfoyle. Go over the Dukes Pass and around Loch Katrine. Ignore the road closed signs. Turn left just after Stronachlachar and go by Lochs Chon and Ard back to Aberfoyle.

Top Bottom