30mph overtake...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
B

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Watt-O said:
I got a speeding ticket there a few years back, just when they changed it from a 30 to 40 zone. The old bill had complaints about speeding bikes, and consequently they had a the old speed guns out. Very annoying! How far is the commute? The A21 is pretty flat all the way into London bar the odd hillock, and not too bad on the traffic fromt compared to other London 'A' roads.

Other way around surely, Shirley?

You cant really claim that as a scalp, he wasnt even trying. Have you no shame sir!

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
tsk, for maximum effect you should have freewheeled as you went past :evil:

Watt-O

Watt-o posing in Athens
XmisterIS said:
Lol! There a couple of hills near me where I regularly hit 40 on the way down.

There's also a 20 zone in Portsmouth which is flat - if I'm feeling energetic, I will deliberately push it to 30 all the way through and see how many cars I can overtake!

Car drivers tend to look at me with a "does not compute" expression when they get overtaken by me ;)

Don't you love it when can palpably sense the driver’s rage as swoosh past them with that sanctimonious air we happy band of cyclists cultivate!:evil:

dudi

4F said:
tsk, for maximum effect you should have freewheeled as you went past :wacko:

Agreed, and possibly raised your left hand to your mouth as though chewing a nail...
nice and casual...

Nice looking bit of road that, much better than the muck we have here...

XmisterIS

Purveyor of fine nonsense
Watt-O said:
Don't you love it when can palpably sense the driver’s rage as swoosh past them with that sanctimonious air we happy band of cyclists cultivate!:wacko:

Lol! I don't think they're pissed off, they just look like their brains are stuck in a cycle of, "bike ... car ... bike overtake car ... whut??? ... bike ... car ... (etc)". :thumbsdown:

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
Nice work BM. Bit rude given he didn't know you were coming, but awfully good fun.

I claimed a lovely one last night coming down Anerley Hill. A4 Cabriolet pulls out on me a few metres from the top, I brake, drop in behind, let him get up to speed, then once he's settled in, sail past on the outside.

Rear view mirror gave me a lovely sight of him looking at the dash, my disappearing tail lights, the dash, my lights, the dash... :wacko:

Honestly, who'd bring a car?

OP
OP
B

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Excellent! How you going across to Croydon for the old cars ride, the A232?

trsleigh

XmisterIS said:
There's also a 20 zone in Portsmouth which is flat - if I'm feeling energetic, I will deliberately push it to 30 all the way through and see how many cars I can overtake!

Sorry, but is it just me, I would think that this sort of behaviour to be as bad as RLJ for annoying motorists sticking to the 20mph limit.
If we want to be treated as traffic we should obey the rules and limits imposed on traffic.

OP
OP
B

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
trsleigh said:
Sorry, but is it just me, I would think that this sort of behaviour to be as bad as RLJ for annoying motorists sticking to the 20mph limit.
If we want to be treated as traffic we should obey the rules and limits imposed on traffic.

Except that 20mph speed limit almost certainly doesn't apply to bicycles, it's not illegal.

Going excessively fast might be debateable on a moral case, or possibly careless/dangerous cycling, but not from a "speeding" point of view.

Top Bottom