35mm Carbon wheels

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
What is your intended use ? Full carbon, or alloy braking surface. Racing, TTs or that super event of deadly friendly Sportives ?

OP
OP
Cuchilo

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Full carbon and I intend to hunt every section locally on strava down and get KOM . Once I have done London I plan to move north .
Then I woke up .... just booting it locally on my own . I guess you could liken it to a sportive but without the other people :laugh:
450- 500g lighter than what I have though .

uclown2002

Guru
Lol. I was thinking of a wheel upgrade and have seen 24, 35 and 50mm amongst others. I was just wondering whether 24mm was a deeper rim than the box standard or whether that was the box standard!

Mr Haematocrit

msg me on kik for android
Anyone use them ? Good points and bad ?

I have a set of 32mm Depth Zipp 202
Good points : Light, Stiff, Stable in cross winds, super fast firecrest profile, Outstanding Climbing wheels.
Bad Points : Look less sexy than Zipp 404's or 808's, Slower than 404's, Carbon braking surface does not stop as well as alloy in the wet, Cost.

http://www.zipp.com/wheels/202-firecrest---carbon-clincher/

mattobrien

Guru
I have got some Enve 3.4 SES rims, the front is 35mm and the rear is 45mm deep. They are on Chris King R45 hubs, laced with Sapim CX-Ray spokes. I went for the clincher option as it was right for me, but tubular is available of that's your preference.

They are on the summer bike, so haven't been used since October. They didn't get that much use before having to be packed away for the winter, but they are much more befitting the bike than the previous Alu wheels and I am very happy with them. I plan to set many land speed records as soon as the salt has washed away from the roads round our way and the sun is shining.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
If you are just riding about, up hills, down hills etc etc and not pretending to race, you'd be better off slapping some cash on MAVIC Ksyriums, Mavic R Sys or some Fulcrum racing zeros.

Top Bottom