3rd Trike Test Ride, A success

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

m6mal

where's me bike
I took my trike for it's 3rd test run and it was a success. I had the boom slip on me last trip so that is now sorted and it never moved this time thus giving me a much better ride. The hills were easier aswell. It took 18 mins to do 2 miles and was only my 3rd ever ride (i have been videoing all my rides) so average speed about 6 mph. I had to dodge some of Kettering notorious pot holes aswell lol. Hope people enjoy the video, there will be more.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuIZwSAu4VI&feature=youtu.be

Find My Group on Facebook "UK Recumbent Trike Videos & Chat"

Last edited:

FishFright

More wheels than sense
Nice one , looks like it's all coming together for you :smile:

OP
OP
M

m6mal

where's me bike
Yes it seems that way at last .... I marked the boom with a marker pen and i knew it had not slipped this time because the marker pen mark was still visible, i used some aluminium and slipped in between the 2 surfaces of the boom and left a lip so if i need or a future buyer needs to adjust the boom they can pull out the aluminium spacer and adjust then put it back and tighten up. Someone sugested drilling and pop rivetting but i said no because it may put off another buyer in the future, i hope i use this one a lot because if i do, i will get another to replace it next year. If i dont use it enough i will keep it and use it as it seems a good trike.

OP
OP
M

m6mal

where's me bike
good on you for getting out on it, you will find those little inclines easier if you come out of the large chainring at the front :okay:

I will try it and see how i get on, trouble is on a DF i used to take all hills in smallest rear gog and large front lol that was on a KONA lol. i am now 14 years older than them days and i was fitter and working etc. Now i am a househusband and gotta realise i have gotta build my fitness up.

Nigelnightmare

Über Member
With regards to road position if you move out about 8" from the kerb(put your nearside wheel about level with the cars nearside wheel) you'll have 2 benefits.
1, Less likely to get punctures
2, It gives you some leeway if someone cuts it too close when over taking.
HTH

OP
OP
M

m6mal

where's me bike
Raining here at the moment lol. I will try and do a video ride soon ride #4, thanks for the feedback etc, i must be doing something right as a trike novice and glad you like the videos, i don't do steven spielberg videos with loads of post editing lol, mine come as is. I will try and make them more humourous or start chatting more or putting the world to rights lol. The idea of test 2 and this test was to see how i coped with some good local hills in town and also to see if it fell to pieces with vibration etc. Mind you there are a lot of potholes here in Kettering hence me being near and away from kurb side. I try to ride well away from the kurb but some times to dodge the potholes i have to aim my trike so as not to go in them, thus sweeping towards the kurb. A word of note about potholes. My neighbour was travelling home in his peugeot 207 last week and he hit a pothole between Corby and Gt Oakley. It stopped his car dead he said at 30mph as his left wheel went in the hole and threw everything to the rear of the car. His wheel was totalled so he had to put his get you home car wheel on. If that happens on a trike it could be serious me thinks.

Top Bottom