4 rubbish drivers in one day

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
4 rubbish drivers in one day
As for the Volvo mum, I asked her to sop driving next to me while using the mobile – she just ignored me and then narrowly avoided a crash as she pulled onto the roundabout – you can just see the car that crosses my path begin to slow to avoid rear ending her… a blast of the horn followed.. she obviously dosn't care muchh for her kids... I was also really peeved with the close overtake...:ohmy:

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKYhD6UaWfc

hackbike 6

Why am I not surprised anymore?

wafflycat

As an aside, I'm doing a lot of motoring at the moment due to MrW being incapacitated on the driving front (achilles tendon torn... again...) so I'm acting as business & personal chauffeur, which means I'm out doing a lot of miles each week. The amount of seriously bad driving I see is appalling. One of the ones I *hate* is when there's a cyclist up front. I will not overtake unless I think it is safe to do so. I've had cars behind flash their lights angrily at me because I'm not overtaking the cyclist. The fact we're on a blind bend is, apparently, irrelevant :ohmy: The other one is when I do overtake, I will always give loads of room - going over the central white line. I can see in my rear view mirror that drivers behind me often do not vary their course so much as an inch and overtake cyclists far, far too close. Then there's the boy racers... Last night the amount of boy racers zooming round a village & small housing development was quite frightening. I'm not a perfect driver by any means, but even I can see what goes on is appalling and dangerous

mr_cellophane

Legendary Member
What was wrong with the last one ? It is a bit too dark to see clearly.

As for No3 - :wacko: you are lucky he didn't touch you.

Did the Volvo woman have proper seats in the back or were they just sitting on the floor ?

Arch

Married to Night Train
I walked down to the station yesterday from home, crossing two traffic light junctions and saw 4 cars cross two red lights - that's completely red, not 'on the turn'. God knows how many went over on amber before them when they could have stopped. And then there's all the 'entering yellow box junctions when exit was blocked' and 'stopping across ped crossing studs' that went on while the lights were green. I know you can get caught out on those last two things, I'm sure I have, but I see it all the time, and the people are quite obviously either oblivious of the law, or don't care.:wacko:

jimboalee

Change the vowels in the name Volvo, to two other vowels, and you have the medical description of the driver.

Each circle in the Audi badge has one letter of the alphabet invisibly painted inside. The letters are C, U, N and T.

Scratch

Über Member
That overtake was nasty. Looks like a poor design on that last junction. There's one like that near me, anyone including cars has to proceed with caution.

02GF74

Über Member
worth showing footage of volvo mum to tpeh police and the mobile phone thing. it should be failry easy to prove she was on the phone due the the providers keeping records of calls - and t he base station would locate the dirver to the area too.

Despite the law, I see loads of drivers driving whislt phoning and wondered if the plod will do anything about it, I suspect not.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
There was a question 'in the House' not so long ago: since the introduction of the law prohibiting the use of mobile phones while driving, how many people had been convicted? The answer: none.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
User3143 said:
Most cases of using a phone are dealt with at the roadside with a fine and points. However there has been a few cases that have gone to court although the charge is much more severe (death by dangerous driving) and has come from using a mobile phone whilst driving.
Really? I have *never* seen anyone pulled up for it, tho' I see it happen all the time, spending as I do about an hour a day, every day, on the road. And although the 'question in the House' was probably something approaching a year ago now, I cannot recall ever having heard of anyone convicted of the sprcific offense of driving while on the phone.

OP
OP
TwickenhamCyclist
Hi All

Popped into local police station on my way to work with my laptop/footage.
Nice young copper on the desk, had a good look through the two middle bits of footage (didn’t bother with the slightly annoying first and last examples of selfishness).
He agreed they were examples of terrible driving but, according to him, even though the footage of the woman on the phone is continuous (ie, you see her and the car moving and the reg with no cuts) such an offence “has to be witnessed by a police officer in uniform” and as it wasn’t, and there was no accident, no formal proceedings can be entered into. He did, however, take down the reg and assured me he would contact the owner/driver and tell her that there was a complaint made and that she had been caught on camera driving whilst on the mobile and that hopefully that would give her enough of a scare to stop her doing it in future. I asked him to pass on a private message as well.
As for the dangerous overtake, said that if it had been witnessed by a police officer in uniform thy might possibly of had a word “for driving like an idiot” but no more than that, so it too would in all reality, not be taken any further.

J4CKO

That sounds like a result really, hopefully they will call her and her arse will drop out and it might stop her.

Generally most drivers seem ok but you cant let your guard down, fancy being so selfish that you are prepared to injure someone to save a few seconds on your journey ?

I am going to get an airzound, I had a close overtake from a low flying HGV this morning, f*ckin scary, a "Lafarge" quarry truck, I am sure the drivers are thinking, must get past, cant slow down, cyclist, oooo, er, I will pass, hmm, bit close, wonder if he is under my wheels, no bump, ok.

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
:bravo:for taking it further. Its frustrating that she can't be fined and pointed based on the evidence - I just hope plod bother to have a word.

Lurker

J4CKO said:
... I am sure the [dangerously overtaking HGV] drivers are thinking, must get past, cant slow down, cyclist, oooo, er, I will pass, hmm, bit close, wonder if he is under my wheels, no bump, ok.

I fear that this is all too accurate a picture of [some] HGV operators' mindset.:evil:

I feel a research proposal coming on... Title: Modelling HGV drivers' thinking

Top Bottom