40 mile commute...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
it would have been alright if you wouldn't have told us!!
Trust me..training, racing etc= early nights, eating well and tons of food and laying off the booze...that's what happens!

Where's the saddlebag from btw? Does it fit on bikes without too much seatpost showing?

OP
OP
patheticshark

patheticshark

Update: I was doing quite well till the ice. Now the 6 miles to the station is bad enough. I'm fine doing the 40 miles in the freezing cold, and the pouring rain, and the bitter headwinds and all of that, but ice is another matter. Especially when all my bikes (except the Brompton) have 700x23c tyres on them.

Off till January now... really hope the weather's better by then.

OP
OP
patheticshark

patheticshark

Just in case anyone was wondering, I have started commuting again after an ice-enforced break. Hurrah! I missed it. Even though it is a bit painful now I am hugely unfit after Christmas.

MadoneRider1991

Über Member
patheticshark said:
Starting a new job in a couple of weeks and will be riding 40 miles every morning... any tips from people with hefty commutes on fuel/motivation/avoiding exhausation generally?

(my motivation will primarily be not getting fired as getting the train would be a fortune and take nearly as long. I will be getting the train home each day though, cos it's considerably cheaper in the afternoon as I have a young person's railcard.)

i have a 30mile daily trip, i find that music is the best thing when your riding around at 7am :/ lol also some form of energy bar before you set off never hurts.

oh and make sure your awake lol
;)

steve52

I'm back! Yippeee
wow im impressed have a house point all of u

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
patheticshark said:
Just in case anyone was wondering, I have started commuting again after an ice-enforced break. Hurrah! I missed it. Even though it is a bit painful now I am hugely unfit after Christmas.

Just to re-assure you, I was wondering. Or maybe it worries you?

Did 5 out of 10 commutes in the first two weeks, despite having a paltry 7 miles to cover, so not surprised that you took an ice break.

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
Sorry, I'm confused...probably still a bit woozy from my return to the saddle...but i thought you were commuting to a new job, your blog sounds as if you ride to guildford, then get the train straight home...for fun....have i missed something?

I'm sure the answer lies in these (or your blogs) pages, but I just cant find the energy to read them all!!

sorry.

(PS, good writing by the way, is this your day job because its very professional)

Top Bottom