45 minutes...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
... of keeping the "your PC has a virus" scammer on the line!

Im really pleased with that :smile:
He was so angry by the end he even phoned me back to tell me to tell me to "Go to hell, you son of bitches!"

Why would you do that? The guy was obviously trying to help you and you treat him so badly. You should be ashamed of yourself.

OP
OP
PaulSecteur

PaulSecteur

No longer a Specialized fanboy
My tactic was to appear (!) incompetent on a computer, then when he had talked me through it step by step nearly to the end say "Ah, its too late now, I have to clock off, I will just pass you over to my colleague... and start over.

The third of my colleagues was a bit of a rambler...

"OK sir, press the windows key"

"Oh, I did my windows yesterday. It was cold putting my hand in that bucket. It was wobbly up there on my old ladder, I really should get a new one. I did look at them down B&Q but they didn't have the folding ones because mines is a bit of a pain to store. I remember Maplin had some folding ones so I was going to walk round, but my ankle started hurting, with each step it was going click, have you ever had that? I guess not you fella! Now, you said something about making toast...?"

He sounded a bit like Alan Bennett.

TVC

Excellent work Paul. I've had one call me back and abuse me before. Really satisfying knowing you got to them.

OP
OP
PaulSecteur

PaulSecteur

No longer a Specialized fanboy
Why would you do that? The guy was obviously trying to help you and you treat him so badly. You should be ashamed of yourself.
Tell me your number, I will pass it on to their call centre for you.

You do know your PC has a virus to? Their system says it has.

screenman

Legendary Member
I wonder if the all the people making the calls know what they are doing, or have they been sucked in as well.

Either way the calls are certainly unwanted, PPP calls are what I get a lot of, never had any in all my life, so how the he'll can I claim it back.

My favourite so far was the idiot who claimed that he could "see" the problem on my computer

When asked him to confirm tht he had access he said that he did, but needed me to enter a code before he could fix it...

So I asked to speak to his supervisor......and he asked why

At which point I introduced myself as Captain Albert Pilkington-Smythe of Military Intelligence, and that I did not need to speak to the supervisor at all... he had claimed to have hacked a secure MOD computer and we were tracing his line...it was simply a ruse to gain the time to trace his phone

For some reason they hung up

SamR

Rider on the Lancastrian storm
@PaulSecteur Another job well done!

My favourite so far was the idiot who claimed that he could "see" the problem on my computer

When asked him to confirm tht he had access he said that he did, but needed me to enter a code before he could fix it...

So I asked to speak to his supervisor......and he asked why

At which point I introduced myself as Captain Albert Pilkington-Smythe of Military Intelligence, and that I did not need to speak to the supervisor at all... he had claimed to have hacked a secure MOD computer and we were tracing his line...it was simply a ruse to gain the time to trace his phone

For some reason they hung up
I really gotta try this.

Top Bottom