Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
dunno about the drafting bit but it does count as a right buzz 8)

Melvil

Only 41.8 for me so I stand in awe!

simonali

Guru
You wanna get yourself over to a place called Wooburn Green in Buckinghamshire. The place is in a bowl and every road into it is a big downhill. The straightest one is called Holtspur Lane and I've maxed out a few speedos going down it (usually around 65mph). Just don't think about what would happen if a car pulls out and go for it! :becool:

OP
OP
Panter

Panter

Just call me Chris...
Thanks peeps :biggrin:

Just to quantify this, I weigh about the same as a small truck and its a very steep hill (for Kent) so all I have to do is hang on tight and hope for the best :biggrin:
If it didn't start to level out after a very short time then terminal velocity would be achievable :biggrin:

Twenty Inch said:
You're a frickin lunatic.

Whereabouts do you live? Sittingbourne? I live in Medway.

I once broke my chain going UP Detling Hill.

yup, Sittingbourne, or just outside it actually. I work in East Malling hence the commute over Detling.
I grew up in Medway, lower Gillingham to be more precise.

I always worry about the chain when I'm wheezing up it, to the extent that I bought a decent chain splitter and spare links. I just need to remember where I put them and stuff them in the saddlebag :biggrin:

I've maxed out a few speedos going down it (usually around 65mph).
Stuff that for a game of soldiers, I wouldn't have the cajonas for that :biggrin:

Top Bottom