5 Brit Girls injured

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

quidditys_shore

so what of the driver? cant see how you can blame the cyclist for this 1 as there wsa 5 of them!

hope she recovers for the olympics!

Crankarm

Guru
How the feck can a driver not manage to avoid 5 cyclists, and 5 girls at that probably wearing BC kit as well??!! Have the police arrested the driver or was it hit and run? I hope the ba4stard gets a long ban and is locked up. In the mean time I hope the girls heal fully and quickly. It sounds a dreadful knock down by a moton.

Crankarm

Guru
Hilldodger said:
Do we know what happened or are we just going to blame the driver regardless?

How do you know there wasn't a third party involved?

Why not eh? A driver is supposed to be control of their vehicle after all and be able to anticipate all eventualities, being prepared to stop if need be.

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
Hilldodger said:
Do we know what happened or are we just going to blame the driver regardless?

How do you know there wasn't a third party involved?

Cycling Weekly said witnesses saw the driver pull out from a side junction (left turn of death imo) and that they had a clear view. Its a reasonable assumption at best imvho. These are also highly trained and experienced girls who wont take an undue risk to their career, let alone their life.

OK, so accidents don't happen?

How do you know the cyclists or a third party didn't contribute to the cause of the situation?

I'm not saying it was an accident or that the riders were to blame, but as usual there are those on here who immediately blame the driver without knowing any facts.

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
Hilldodger said:
OK, so accidents don't happen?

How do you know the cyclists or a third party didn't contribute to the cause of the situation?

I'm not saying it was an accident or that the riders were to blame, but as usual there are those on here who immediately blame the driver without knowing any facts.

In this kind of situation 99% of the time its not an accident but more "contributary negligence" in that someone:

-fails to look or take the time to look
-fails to stop
-fails to judge an oncoming vehicle's speed (iirc they were heading down hill at the time)
-looks for something else or something much bigger

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Well, the stats make the driver being to blame by far the most likely scenario. Doesn't mean it's true in this case, but it is the most likely cause.

rogersavery

Before you blame the driver completly - remember they were in Belgium, the do have a few strange rule of the road there, for example having to give way to all side roads on the right on certain roads

rogersavery said:
Before you blame the driver completely - remember they were in Belgium, the do have a few strange rule of the road there, for example having to give way to all side roads on the right on certain roads

Bit touchy.

No, he's just not blaming the driver until he has the facts - which was my piont from earlier.

No one, and least of all me, wants to see cyclists injured but there are a certain few on here who immediately blame the driver 100% without having the benefit of any facts.

Top Bottom