50 miles - check. 100 km - check.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Benthedoon

Well what a beautiful day for a ride around the Essex countryside!!
I did the Essex Castles 50 today, my longest ride by far, I thought I'd try and stretch it out by riding to the start and then home afterwards this took me to 62.4 miles so I lost my 100km cherry too!!
All in all a good morning in the saddle, in spite of the weather, I did look for a canoe at a couple of points due to the amount of localised flooding but generally a very enjoyable ride.
I did get a lot of advice before the event from members of this forum, most of which was very useful so thanks for that.
Now I must collapse on the couch in a big ball of ache.

Well done :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Benthedoon

Benthedoon

100 miles - Oh my Goodness!!! I hadn't really thought about that being the next milestone, that's going to hurt alot.
100 km and my legs still feel good (neck doesn't though) so 100 miles isn't as intimidating as it has been, I might leave it a week or two or three maybe four.

Although I have 5 years cycling under my let, the longest in one day is 87 miles from Newcastle to Hawes (tough hills in the last 35 miles) but I did do 80 back the following day, also the coast to coast in two - 147 miles.

MattHB

Proud Daddy
Imperial ton isn't that much harder at all, it's just about getting in ride nutrition right.

Good luck! If you can do 65 you can do 100

Top Bottom