500 miles

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Willd

Veteran
Don't worry, no "pop" songs involved!

Since unearthing my road bike from the back of the shed on 12 April, I've now managed over 500 miles. 56 outings, with an average of 9 miles, longest ride 31 miles.

For all the others in a similar situation, it does get a bit easier :tongue: and I find it a little less hard on the hills. As a bonus I've also lost 8 lbs. Just get out when you can and enjoy it. A few people will still whiz past you, but you'll find yourself passing a few more :becool:

So I remembered doing 500 miles I rode up Knob Hill, not much of a hill, but a "memorable" name. Probably not the first photo of it on here :rolleyes:.

DSC00439.jpg

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Well done

Don't worry, no "pop" songs involved!

Since unearthing my road bike from the back of the shed on 12 April, I've now managed over 500 miles. 56 outings, with an average of 9 miles, longest ride 31 miles.

For all the others in a similar situation, it does get a bit easier :tongue: and I find it a little less hard on the hills. As a bonus I've also lost 8 lbs. Just get out when you can and enjoy it. A few people will still whiz past you, but you'll find yourself passing a few more :becool:

So I remembered doing 500 miles I rode up Knob Hill, not much of a hill, but a "memorable" name. Probably not the first photo of it on here :rolleyes:.

View attachment 529462

Well, I've been riding years and years, but rarely got to 500 miles in a year, so by my lights, you're in the TdF!:okay::notworthy:

Last edited:

tom73

Guru
:okay:

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
NIce work - that's a great effort coming from nowt and congratulations on the weight loss :smile:

Top Bottom