500 miles

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Willd

Willd

Veteran
Thanks to everyone for your kind replies :notworthy:
I'll update the thread when i get to 1,000...

Rich68

Regular
Don't worry, no "pop" songs involved!

Since unearthing my road bike from the back of the shed on 12 April, I've now managed over 500 miles. 56 outings, with an average of 9 miles, longest ride 31 miles.

For all the others in a similar situation, it does get a bit easier :tongue: and I find it a little less hard on the hills. As a bonus I've also lost 8 lbs. Just get out when you can and enjoy it. A few people will still whiz past you, but you'll find yourself passing a few more :becool:

So I remembered doing 500 miles I rode up Knob Hill, not much of a hill, but a "memorable" name. Probably not the first photo of it on here :rolleyes:.

View attachment 529462
Very nice.

OldManGraham

Don't worry, no "pop" songs involved!

Since unearthing my road bike from the back of the shed on 12 April, I've now managed over 500 miles. 56 outings, with an average of 9 miles, longest ride 31 miles.

For all the others in a similar situation, it does get a bit easier :tongue: and I find it a little less hard on the hills. As a bonus I've also lost 8 lbs. Just get out when you can and enjoy it. A few people will still whiz past you, but you'll find yourself passing a few more :becool:

So I remembered doing 500 miles I rode up Knob Hill, not much of a hill, but a "memorable" name. Probably not the first photo of it on here :rolleyes:.

View attachment 529462
Very well done, I'll complete 500 miles within the next year or so 👏👍😁

OP
OP
Willd

Willd

Veteran
2,362 miles for my year on the road bike and another 287 with the kids and a bit of commuting (when I could :wacko:) on the steel monster 😄

Top Bottom