5000 miles this year

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
After more than 10 years of thinking "this year I will do 5000 miles" and last year getting to 4902 this morning I finally clocked it :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Cyclogs shows this year to date 5000.46 miles average 14.66 :smile:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
You are a little ahead of me about 4500 - so well done !!!

OP
OP
4F

4F

fossyant said:
You are a little ahead of me about 4500 - so well done !!!

Cheers, I set myself a target of 6000 at the start of the year (500 a month) so 1 week and a bit ahead of that schedule. Also all but 2 of my rides have been done Monday - Friday.

I have to say that recording the miles on Cyclogs has certainly helped to maintain my focus.

Taken the Plunge

Inspired by all this high mileage stuff I've just signed up to Cyclogs as well and joined the Cycle Chat team. I've gone for a target of 300 per month based on my last two months. That gives me 3600 per year of course which is a scarey prospect as I've done less than half that so far this year !! :ohmy:xx(

OP
OP
4F

4F

J4CKO said:
So, should you be slimfellafromfelixstowe now ?

Not yet but may change next year to either FitFellaFromFelixstowe or FightingFitFormallyFatFellaFromFelixstowe, snappy don't you think ? :evil:

trio25

Über Member
My target for this year was 6000miles and I reached it a couple of weeks ago. It's a great feeling to have a goal and reach it. That's probably more riding than I've done in the rest of my life all together!

I'd originally set myself the target of 1000 for the year, based on what I was doing in the Autumn last year when I started commuting. I hit that in June. So I've upped it to 2000 for this year, which I should get to.

The target of 300 per month is derived from what I've been averaging over September and October. I won't go back and retrospectively enter all my rides this year in Cyclogs (haven't got the data anyway) so I'm looking at the rest of this year more as a test run. I guess my target for next year is 3600 miles then!!

See you there snorri. ;)

Top Bottom