50th Birthday present

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
True enough :ohmy:
When I started work aged 20 I though the 27 year old in my office was "an old" :laugh:
I dropped out of my first degree course. I worked for a few years in a dead-end factory job and decided that I had better pull my finger out and get that degree so I went back to university aged 27 . I felt very old compared to the fresh-faced 18-19 year olds who were studying with me!

9 years make a big difference at the age of 18. (A 9 year old is a child, and a 27 year old is 27 years OLD!)

I am now 60 and don't really notice a lot of difference between 51 year olds, me, and 69 year olds, as long as they are healthy and fit.

SteCenturion

I am your Father
A nice pair of new wheels :smile:

Happy birthday, BTW.

Screenshot_20160828-154944.jpg

Happy 50th ^_^

Dec66

A gentlemanly pootler, these days
Happy half century.

It's coming over the horizon for me, soon, as well ('66 was a good year, what?), and I'm in the same quandary.

One thing is for sure, though. I don't want stuff. I've accrued too much over the years and I'd rather have a nice experience than a gadget, or a keepsake, or a load of old tat.

Get her to take you round Kent on the Orient Express, or something. We did that as part of Mrs. 66's 40th birthday year and I'd happily do that again. ^_^

Soltydog

Legendary Member
What about Pepsi?
Or Shirley? :okay:

My wife bought me this, for my 50th, last year
View attachment 141779

And, I got this for my 40th

View attachment 141781

I ought to amend that

I got a 'TVR TrackDay', down at Bruntingthorpe, & played with a Chimera, Griffith, Cerbera & a Sagaris

Whilst the Sagaris was the most mental, with the ability to pass & out accelerate the Lamborghinis out on the runways, the Griffith 500 (pictured) was the one I rally wanted to bring home
It's just so delicate looking, but goes like stink, & sounded awesome

Sadly, requests for a viewing of XH558, as it was there, at the time, before transferring to Finningley (where, co-incidentally, it was based at one time!) were politely re-buffed

Last edited:
Top Bottom