531 framed bikes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Scilly Suffolk

Über Member
So, no answer as to why "Re-awakening (so to speak) old threads is often looked down upon in online communities." then?

HovR

Über Member
*Sigh*, if you insist.

Reviving old threads is often looked down upon for a few reasons:
  • Posts of this nature often contain very little that add to the (old) conversation - Often made by new members to boost post count.
  • Old threads die and sink to the bottom for a reason - Because there either wasn't enough interest in the topic or it has been exhausted.
  • The topic has become irrelevant.
And in response to "Manonabikes" comment "Says who?" These people/forums, for example: 1, 2, 3.

I'm sorry that you interpreted my post the way you did, which was not the way I intended it to be conveyed - However I have to wonder why you are even going to such an effort to continue this debate - Especially since my post was over 15 days ago, and the person I was replying to didn't appear to interpret my post in the way you did (or anyone else, for that matter).

I didn't sign up for this forum to have petty disputes over such trivial things, so if you still have a problem with my post feel free to take it to the moderators, and I will discuss it with them.

Thank you.

Manonabike

Über Member
*Sigh*, if you insist.

Reviving old threads is often looked down upon for a few reasons:
  • Posts of this nature often contain very little that add to the (old) conversation - Often made by new members to boost post count.
  • Old threads die and sink to the bottom for a reason - Because there either wasn't enough interest in the topic or it has been exhausted.
  • The topic has become irrelevant.
And in response to "Manonabikes" comment "Says who?" These people/forums, for example: 1, 2, 3.

I'm sorry that you interpreted my post the way you did, which was not the way I intended it to be conveyed - However I have to wonder why you are even going to such an effort to continue this debate - Especially since my post was over 15 days ago, and the person I was replying to didn't appear to interpret my post in the way you did (or anyone else, for that matter).

I didn't sign up for this forum to have petty disputes over such trivial things, so if you still have a problem with my post feel free to take it to the moderators, and I will discuss it with them.

Thank you.

Thank you for taking the trouble to search the net is search of these people with weird ideas on old threads :smile: - Number 1, IMHO the man is talking out of his backside. Number 2, that situation is not relevant to this case. Number 3, I wonder how much time some people have to waste on trying to persuade people to follow some strange rules....

I see nothing wrong with reviving an old thread, as long as the new post is still relevant..... it seems you'd prefer to start a new thread ^_^

Well I thought this an interesting thread one wet Sunday before it went all argumentative.

More than willing to see some more posts on it, so I'll watch it.

Top Bottom