54cm 1990/91 Raleigh Vitesse road bike in VERY original condition for sale - £120 (Manchester).

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
upload_2017-6-12_11-53-40.png

This bike is just too good to sell but I am in the unfortunate position of not being a museum curator so I can only own the bikes I have room for and use regularly :sad:

The bike is in superb original condition. There are only a few very minor cosmetic marks on the paint work and the only non-original parts are the tyres (obviously), the bottle cage and the saddle/seatpost. The bike had an utterly ghastly carbon fibre seat post and saddle fitted when I collected it but these were soon replaced with something more suitable.

www.retrobike.co.uk/gallery2/d/56028-4/Raleigh_Lightweights_1990.pdf

upload_2017-6-12_12-3-49.png

Everything works perfectly and it is a joy to ride. Even the little rubber covers on the downtube gear levers are still in place. I have rebuilt the rear wheel with Swiss DT double butted stainless steel spokes as the wheel was a little soggy. the front wheel is fine.

I am really reluctant to sell because I know this is a very original bike in great condition and I have fond childhood memories of riding this exact same model of bike that belonged to my older brother when I was a teenager. I have been watching ebay for a couple of years and there doesn't appear to be a single example in such good original condition.

I have owned the bike for four years and maybe ridden it a dozen times. My oldest son has used it a few times, including doing the Manchester to Blackpool ride. It works everytime we get it out with no tinkering needed, just pump up the tyres and go. I think it even has the original chain and I can't get my chain wear checker in even on the 0.75% side.

This is a great addition to anyone's bike stable and is sure to give many years of pleasure.

A bargain piece of British history for only £120

Boring bit;
COLLECTION ONLY, from OL6 postcode just outside Manchester.
Cash on collection.
Sold as seen.

Any questions then please post here or drop me a PM. Viewing and test rides welcome by prior arrangement :okay:

NOTE: SPD PEDALS WILL NOT BE INCLUDED IN THE SALE. Bike will be supplied with the pedals below.

upload_2017-6-12_12-26-57.png

Top Bottom