6 inches is not giving me room ffs!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Matthames

Über Member
Had this fruit loop psycho in a black VW transporter decide that passing me when exiting a round about with a gap of 6 inches was giving me loads of space.

He decided he wanted to have a word with me, the location wasn't the best for me if things turned ugly, so I rode till I was opposite some shops so that there could be witnesses and more importantly CCTV if things turned nasty.

The incident happened on this roundabout: http://maps.google.co.uk/?ie=UTF8&l...RR-kS60p6k-VKPUbFIwqVQ&cbp=12,293.95,,0,12.91 I had just exited the roundabout taking a strong position which he seemed to object to and tried to pass within 6 inches of me. I knew it was 6 inches as I put my hand out to try and protect myself I hit the side of his van. I take a primary on the exit to this roundabout to essentially avoid this very situation. Had he waited a couple more seconds I would of moved over to secondary and let him past and I wouldn't of had to go through the whole situation.

This guy was a total nut job. I will go through what he said,

"I held back for you even though other cars passed you." - I commend him for that, by the time the other cars had passed I had already accelerated up to 25mph and for him to pass safely he would of had to break the speed limit. But he kept coming back to this to excuse his stupidity and wouldn't listen to what I had to say on the matter, because this had nothing to do with the situation.

"You were in the way and that was you having a go at me because of the other drivers" - No it wasn't! This guy had assumed that I took the primary because I had some sort of chip on my shoulder because of some sort of grudge with the other cars. I tried to tell him that this was not the case, but he wouldn't listen.

As well as saying all that he made threats of physical violence to me and said that he had a hammer in his van. When he was doing that I knew this was a guy not to be reasoned with and had to think of a way of breaking communication by not giving him what he wanted, which was an argument.

Because he used threats, I am looking to report this to the Police and see if they could have a word mainly about the pubic order offence he had committed, but also possibly about the dangerous stunt he pulled on me to provoke the situation.

Just wondering how would I go about reporting it?

That's your public....

Remember:

1.The recommended clearance is 3 feet
2. The average male organ is 5.5 ' (lets say 6")
3. The correct distance is 6 erect male organs
4. This prat has an organ of 1/6 of his overtaking distance.

He has a small willy!

OP
OP
Matthames

Matthames

Über Member
User3143 said:
It's not public order - it's your word against his. The only think you can report is that you had someone overtake you to close.

Would you be saying the same thing if you had some psycho who is not listening to a word you are saying threaten to do you in with his hammer and telling you how lucky you are that he has decided to be nice, mainly because I wasn't playing his game.

NigC

Seriously - report this incident. Even if nothing happens, the police will have a record of it. If this guy ever shows up again and, God forbid, turns violent - even just trying to "accidentally" knock you down, he'll have a huge problem explaining it away.

It's very unlikely that he will ever cross your path again, and even less likely he'd recognise you, but just to be on the safe side.

Also, he may well be known to the police for other incidents and your report might add another nail to his coffin. I pressume you have his registration?

OP
OP
Matthames

Matthames

Über Member
Does anybody have the police statement template, want to get it typed up and submitted to my nearest station.

An incident like this has seriously got me thinking about getting a helmet cam.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Without the shops cctv footage i do not think you will have much luck with the plod, i had a similar event and the local police would not even bother with my statement as they said there were no other witnesses

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Just report it. You have his reg. I did something similar with some chavs screaming in my ear about 4 times (traffic)..... The police said they would 'pay a visit' and they did.

Nothing wrong with a bit of collar feeling.

TBH, the folk on the end of the phone help with the correct 'wording' - i.e. 'so you felt threatened and intimidated' ..me..erm yes I did.... If you felt threatened and intimidated, tell them.....

I suspect it depends on the PC taking the information. I know a driver local to me has had a S59 warning, given after he admitted what I had described was true. The police took the trouble to go to his home, and get his confession. I suspect most would cough if a PC was on the doorstep. Doesn't need to go to court, but if another transgression occurs, car is taken.

Crankarm

Guru
Matthames said:
Does anybody have the police statement template, want to get it typed up and submitted to my nearest station.

An incident like this has seriously got me thinking about getting a helmet cam.

Thought you had one or two - facing front and back.

OP
OP
Matthames

Matthames

Über Member
Crankarm said:
Thought you had one or two - facing front and back.

Probably confusing me with somebody else :laugh:

I really wish I did have two cameras facing both front and back for this. Also along with a good mic to capture every word he said, this would of been good for him to see and hopefully get help for his 'issues'.

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
By your description of the events his overtake was not safe and or practical, neither was it needed given your speed. He also left you with no margin for error should something have gone wrong (eg you slip on deisel)

In this instance I'd ignore Lee. Get yourself down the copshop and ask the traffic cops about it. They may already be building a portfolio on the guy if he's that bad a driver or that much of an a***hole

Top Bottom