6 months on...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Doobiesis

Über Member
Six months from surgery. Had an accident in January which took me out for a few months.

I’m pleased to say I’m hitting 100 miles a week arm is holding up and I have 110% movement back in my arm. Cycling doesn’t agreevate my shoulder at all. Although I still feel pain every time I move my arm.

I passed my exams for uni as well. And on Monday I start a placement at a legal firm.

Seems a lifetime ago that I was feeling sorry for myself telling you guys my cycling was well and truly over. I went out at 5 am this morning and it felt like I was back to where I was before my crash.

My biggest lesson! Using a turbo trainer has helped me concentrate on my pedalling technique and I’m faster, currently hitting 14.8mph avg speed over 30 miles - almost ready to re-join my cycling group. I’ll never cycle in winter again, but feel confident my turbo will help me become a better cyclist.

‍♂️‍♂️

classic33

Leg End Member
Always good to hear that someone is ready to get back out on their bike.

Glad to hear it's gone well. :smile:
I got back on quicker, but have ridden less than that, by a long way. Shoulder not only irreparable but keeps trying to 'freeze'. Steroid injections...Ultimately, if it won't settle, then shoulder replacement needed. But in the meantime, ride bikes and play bass!
:biggrin:

OP
OP
Doobiesis

Doobiesis

Über Member
Glad to hear it's gone well. :smile:
I got back on quicker, but have ridden less than that, by a long way. Shoulder not only irreparable but keeps trying to 'freeze'. Steroid injections...Ultimately, if it won't settle, then shoulder replacement needed. But in the meantime, ride bikes and play bass!
:biggrin:

Oh dear, didn’t we have the same issue? I literally wouldn’t get back on my bike until it wasn’t hurting when on turbo. And even then I was in a sling. It hurts more doing things in every day life, cycling doesn’t seem to bother it.

But I am still doing 300 exercises a day and can lift it above my head.

Steroids can’t be good tho. Hope it eases off soon. X

D

Deleted member 1258

Six months from surgery. Had an accident in January which took me out for a few months.

I’m pleased to say I’m hitting 100 miles a week arm is holding up and I have 110% movement back in my arm. Cycling doesn’t agreevate my shoulder at all. Although I still feel pain every time I move my arm.

I passed my exams for uni as well. And on Monday I start a placement at a legal firm.

Seems a lifetime ago that I was feeling sorry for myself telling you guys my cycling was well and truly over. I went out at 5 am this morning and it felt like I was back to where I was before my crash.

My biggest lesson! Using a turbo trainer has helped me concentrate on my pedalling technique and I’m faster, currently hitting 14.8mph avg speed over 30 miles - almost ready to re-join my cycling group. I’ll never cycle in winter again, but feel confident my turbo will help me become a better cyclist.

‍♂️‍♂️

Glad to hear you've made a good recovery, Well done, welcome back

Dave7

Legendary Member
My worry is that you say you now have "110% movement in the shoulder". That sounds a bit slack to me.......I think 100% is ideal^_^
But seriously....always good to hear a success story.
I get the impression you are of the 'younger generation' which would help along with your hard work.

C R

Guru
Great to hear your accident didn't put you off and you are back on track. Congratulations on your exam results too, well done :notworthy::bravo:

Top Bottom