6 Nations Prediction Thread - 2015 Edition

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I predict yellow cards for Jim Hamilton and Euan Murray. And the score could be a whole lot worse than my prediction, I was trying to be optimistic.

Levo-Lon

Guru
Im off to watch it on the seriously big scrren at the local with my mate Rhydian..
Wales Ireland should be good game but I think Ireland will walk it,been a very big strong heavy side this year .
id like to see the Scots put up a good fight but on current form I think they may get thumped..

Last round build-up starts tonight. Hmmm. what can be deduced from the last flurry of results?
Wales will possibly come out on top. The biggest fear would be a France championship!
England will be either good or bad. Ireland will run Scotland ragged, with Tipuric prominent in the last 20 minutes for Wales, helping them achieve their '60' pointer.

Italy 6 Wales 61
Scotland 17 Ireland 25
England 29 France 16

Fubar

Guru
Wales, Ireland and England to win - can't even be ersed thinking about the scores and who might win the championship.

*picks up ball and skulks off*

Bump! - that's the sound of Sergio Parisse falling out of the Italy team, facing Wales this weekend. Now who's going to stop the onslaught. Castrogiovanni is back, so let's hope he doesn't make a dog's dinner of the scrummaging, or himself.
I revise my score to Italy 6 Wales 63
:smile:

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Italy very few - shedloads more Wales
Scotland a few - loads more than that Ireland
England some but not enough - less but several too many France

Only sordid pathetic financial sponsorship could demean a once great tournament by insisting there be a Champion on "points difference" when sides are level on tournament points.

I spurn such thinking as I should spurn a rabid dog.

Tin Pot

Guru
I've not been to a Rugby match before - suddenly I'm going to Twickenham on Saturday.

I haven't even been following the six nations this year - I feel a bit spoiled.

It's the last match, right?

Italy very few - shedloads more Wales
Scotland a few - loads more than that Ireland
England some but not enough - less but several too many France

Only sordid pathetic financial sponsorship could demean a once great tournament by insisting there be a Champion on "points difference" when sides are level on tournament points.

I spurn such thinking as I should spurn a rabid dog.
Don't be so harsh, Greg. I will be at HQ on Saturday, to witness the joie de vivre that rugby can bring, despite the continuous concussion that the 'hypemakers' suffer from...offering fireworks, abseiling, sullen servants at every corner dispensing 'beer' etc. My association with French rugby stretches back 43 years now, and a few friends will be there. Everything is so damn expensive these days, and commerce has devalued the spirit, for sure. TV parties, with shared thoughts is 'way to go' - while the ever, over-subscribed crowd are milked for their money and hand-held through the antiseptic version of 'the spirit of rugby' and anonymous characters whizzing around on the pitch..."kerching" go the RFU tills at every turn.
I read today that there are World Cup Final tickets available for £59,000 a pair...the sort of prices only Horsham habitués can afford!
(I am lucky enough to be taking drinks in the Member's Bar, having a sit down luncheon+ in the company of some eminent company that will at least make me invisible, followed by the match and post-match 'activity' in the aforementioned bar...until I get the call and go outside and meet another person that I actually know. :smile: )
May it be a spectacle and the best team win. As always.

Top Bottom