6 pack

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
6 stella for £5.50 in my offie.

Bodhbh

Guru
Hrmm I think it's an age thing. Just got back from swimming - all the young lads in the pool look fairly ripped even if they neither seem particularly fit or fast. Past 30 the blokes tend not to - 'wiry' is about as good as they get unless they are working out. Maybe all the young dandies are working out in the gym mostly first and just doing a few lengths to pose, I dunno.

ShinSplint

From what I gather, most active people have the muscle there, its a case of losing whats hiding it. For me, and most other people, its one of the more stubborn areas of fat..

I've always been tall and slim, but any fat I have is on my gut. Even though i've done plenty or running and cycling over the last few years, the fats still there. When I mention this to people they laugh and say there's nowt there, simply because there's no fat anywhere else.

Just been gradually eating less fatty stuff over the last few weeks and it is working, slowly :biggrin:

You can do all the ab work etc you want, but I think the key is to eat less lard.:wacko:

dudi

ShinSplint said:
You can do all the ab work etc you want, but I think the key is to eat less lard.:sad:

See that's where it all falls down for me... nothing like a bit of lard to get you going... I did my time (most of last year) watching what I ate very carefully, and lost nearly 3 stone doing it... but I just couldn't keep going to loose that last little bit to show my 'ripped abs' (i'm guessing about 5lbs would do it). I started to look too thin anyway, and the wife was whinging.

ShinSplint

dudi said:
See that's where it all falls down for me... nothing like a bit of lard to get you going... I did my time (most of last year) watching what I ate very carefully, and lost nearly 3 stone doing it... but I just couldn't keep going to loose that last little bit to show my 'ripped abs' (i'm guessing about 5lbs would do it). I started to look too thin anyway, and the wife was whinging.

Yes this can be another problem. I think the only way to do it is build muscle too, to prevent looking too thin. Finding the right balance. Not easy though. A lot of work involved physically, as well as sticking to the right diet i.e. loads of protein, little fat.

My latest idea is sticking to 100 pushups a day. Sets of 20 for now, then increase it later. I was following the 100 pushup program for a while (see other thread), but it got very difficult and boring, so now make my own routine. Trying to fit in other exercises i.e. bicep curls etc, but along with all the cycling, hard to fit it all in !

ChrisCrc

My tip for a good six pack:smile:
Tense your Stomach muscles as you cycle and you will be amazed after a few weeks how ripped your stomach will be, ( this really only applies to slim people with flat stomachs to start with:laugh:) and are cycling every day.

-------------------------------
The long and winding hill, do you struggle and give up half way or do you become its master..

amnesia

Free-wheeling into oblivion...
I have a six pack... but I've lost the plastic thingy that holds it all together :rolleyes:

Muscle definition is all about body fat... get it down to under 10% and you should look ripped if you have the muscle there to show.

TVC

To get a 6 pack like the guys in adverts or in health mags there are only two ways that work:

1. Give up your job and spend all day every day working on it and sod what it does to your long term health.
2. Get photoshop.

Big compound exercises - chest press, squat, deadlift - are what you need.

These work your core muscles by default, plus the rest of your body will get stronger too. The shock to your system means your metabolic rate will increase, meaning more fat loss.

Crunches and other abs isolation exercises are for women and beginners.

Top Bottom