60 mile ride??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
How do you guys go about carrying food with you on a ride? My cycling clothes have no pockets and my bike is already burdened with a pump, puncture repair kit and spare tube. Without food Im limited to about 30-35 miles and considerably less on the MTB.

1: Get jersey with pockets
2: Bum Bag
3: Shops

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
problem for me is im cycling to lose weight and dont want to be eating too much while riding. need to find a balance. hard when i dont know how many calories im burning, tried uploading my gpx tracks to different sites and they all give different answers
When I was 15 stone, I was losing about 1 pound of fat per 100 miles cycled with a moderate food intake plus some carbo drinks while riding. If you are about that size and not eating or drinking as much as me when riding then I think you'd easily lose 1 pound per 100 miles. If you weigh more, you'd lose a bit more.

If you want to maximise weight loss then riding 100 miles as 4 separate 25 mile rides and not taking on extra calories for them (which you shouldn't need to do) would lose you more than doing a 100 mile ride but having to refuel to be able to complete it (which you would have to do).

TVC

How do you guys go about carrying food with you on a ride? My cycling clothes have no pockets and my bike is already burdened with a pump, puncture repair kit and spare tube. Without food Im limited to about 30-35 miles and considerably less on the MTB.

Do you have mounting for two bottle cages? Take a bottle of your chosen liquid in one, and cram a cheap wide necked bottle with bars, cake, choccies etc. The advantage of this over carrying chocolate in your jersey pocket is that it tends not to melt :whistle:

Do you have mounting for two bottle cages? Take a bottle of your chosen liquid in one, and cram a cheap wide necked bottle with bars, cake, choccies etc. The advantage of this over carrying chocolate in your jersey pocket is that it tends not to melt :whistle:

Thats good thinkin! Wouldnt have thought of that meself.

Top Bottom