62cm

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

martint235

Dog on a bike
All I want is a 62cm single speed bike, preferably with a flip flop hub, brakes and bull bars. Bit like this. But no one seems to do large framed single speeds!! :cry:

Ricki

Regular
Does it have to be 62 cm. As there are a fair few 61cm ss bikes around.

OP
OP
martint235

martint235

Dog on a bike
The bigger the better. I haven't seen any stocks of anything above 59cm (Google shows up quite a few 62s but when you go to the websites they are discontinued). If you can point me at a 61 I'll have a look. Ta

OP
OP
martint235

martint235

Dog on a bike
Fuji feather.
http://m.evanscycles.com/products/fuji/feather-2013-single-speed-road-bike-ec041916

Specialized langster.
http://m.evanscycles.com/products/specialized/langster-2013-road-bike-ec042293

Found these two after a quick glance on evans. The other way would be too look on ebay. There are alot of custom builds at that size.

I had a 61 Fuji Feather, great bike.

FYI I'm 6' 5"
Thanks! I have to admit I'd more or less given up looking at Evans because of their "Discontinued" posts.

Smokey, was there extra height capacity on it? I'm 6'6" with an inside leg of 38"?

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I wonder exactly what year it was that I stopped being 'tall'! :whistle:

I am a smidge over 6' 1" in height and there was only one other boy of my height in about 850 pupils at my school in the early 1970s. These days, I would only be considered merely 'tallish', considering the heights of some of you lanky buggers! :laugh:

OP
OP
martint235

martint235

Dog on a bike
I wonder exactly what year it was that I stopped being 'tall'! :whistle:

I am a smidge over 6' 1" in height and there was only one other boy of my height in about 850 pupils at my school in the early 1970s. These days, I would only be considered merely 'tallish', considering the heights of some of you lanky buggers! :laugh:
:laugh: I can remember a teacher at my primary school who was 6'. He was skinny as anything and yet I still considered him really, really tall. I ran into him a few years ago, he's like a midget now.

ColinJ

I've got some Scottish cousins-once-removed who are about 5 or 6 inches taller than me. It is a bit disconcerting when you are used to looking down at people, to suddenly have to look way up!

I went for a walk with a tiny friend yesterday and was towering a foot or so above her, which is more like what I was used to 30 years ago.

Apparently, I am now only about the average height of males in the Netherlands!

OP
OP
martint235

martint235

Dog on a bike
I've got some Scottish cousins-once-removed who are about 5 or 6 inches taller than me. It is a bit disconcerting when you are used to looking down at people, to suddenly have to look way up!

I went for a walk with a tiny friend yesterday and was towering a foot or so above her, which is more like what I was used to 30 years ago.

Apparently, I am now only about the average height of males in the Netherlands!
FWIW when I meet up with SWMBO Irish cousins, I'm the second shortest of 6. It's quite worrying.

ColinJ

I think it is becoming clear that the 'natural' heights for males and females are a lot greater than were previously assumed. Given access to plenty of food and decent healthcare for a number of generations, men head towards about 6' 6" and women towards 6'.

Top Bottom