62cm

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
@martint235 got a 60cm specialized frame rocking up soon would be quite happy to build you a single speeder using that frame set or sell you frame set for you to build one with

OP
OP
martint235

martint235

Dog on a bike
@martint235 got a 60cm specialized frame rocking up soon would be quite happy to build you a single speeder using that frame set or sell you frame set for you to build one with

Would a 60cm be big enough though? The lady at Merlin (who to her credit did herself out of a sale) reckons 62, I might be able to drop to a 61 but I think I'd have to try that first. 60cm seems a push too far. I do appreciate the offer though.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Would a 60cm be big enough though? The lady at Merlin (who to her credit did herself out of a sale) reckons 62, I might be able to drop to a 61 but I think I'd have to try that first. 60cm seems a push too far. I do appreciate the offer though.

once its here will fit some wheels and let you have some sizes etc etc

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
You would need an enormous amount of seat post showing! I ride 58 cm bikes which are set up like this ...

cannondale_blackstone_edge_reservoir.jpg

Imagine a bike just 2 cm bigger than that when your legs are 5 inches longer than mine!

OP
OP
martint235

martint235

Dog on a bike
You would need an enormous amount of seat post showing! I ride 58 cm bikes which are set up like this ...

cannondale_blackstone_edge_reservoir.jpg

Imagine a bike just 2 cm bigger than that when your legs are 5 inches longer than mine!

My road bike is a 58cm but the geometry on single speeds seems to be different,. I do have a lot more seat post showing on my road bikes than in your picture though

ColinJ

Why would you want a different position on fixed/ss?

I still think 58 cm is probably too small for you, but if you like your current road bike setup, why not just replicate it on the new bike?

OP
OP
martint235

martint235

Dog on a bike
Why would you want a different position on fixed/ss?

I still think 58 cm is probably too small for you, but if you like your current road bike setup, why not just replicate it on the new bike?

I don't know. Lelly which is the 58cm is comfortable up to 230 miles, I'll find out if I can do further next week.

On road bikes, 58cm always seems to be the largest available whereas, although they never have them in stock, SS seem to go into the 60s which suggested the geometry and sizing was different for SS.

ColinJ

On road bikes, 58cm always seems to be the largest available
I had a 60 cm (or was it a 61 cm?) Bianchi at one time but got backache on it due to being overstretched. I replaced its 11 cm stem with a flipped 9 cm stem and was able to get comfortable that way. I use flipped 11 cm stems on my 58 cm bikes.

OP
OP
martint235

martint235

Dog on a bike
Cannondale do upto 63cm in some of their road models :thumbsup:
A few companies do, the trouble is finding anyone that actually stocks them. Based on my own feelings plus reinforcement from colinj above, I may try to get my mitts on a Merlin Single Malt that I really like in 59 and see if it works.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
fwiw my Charge Plug is 58 c-c (bb to top tube) and nigh on 63cm from centre of bb to top of seat clamp. With a 400mm seat post and a longish stem I would think it would fit someone considerably taller than me. I have had both my previous fixed's set up exactly the same as my road bikes, which were set up via a bike fit session at Corridori, except I have the saddle a cm or two further back, at their recommendation.

The new fixed is set up with much higher bars, a trade off between being slippery and having my head up. If you wanna give it a try, or borrow it for a week, before I sell it on ebay, give me a shout.

OP
OP
martint235

martint235

Dog on a bike
fwiw my Charge Plug is 58 c-c (bb to top tube) and nigh on 63cm from centre of bb to top of seat clamp. With a 400mm seat post and a longish stem I would think it would fit someone considerably taller than me. I have had both my previous fixed's set up exactly the same as my road bikes, which were set up via a bike fit session at Corridori, except I have the saddle a cm or two further back, at their recommendation.

The new fixed is set up with much higher bars, a trade off between being slippery and having my head up. If you wanna give it a try, or borrow it for a week, before I sell it on ebay, give me a shout.
Cheers for the info Greg. I haven't really got any time to try it so please don't hold up the sale on my account but I appreciate the offer. I'll take some measurements from Lelly and send them to Merlin for advice

Top Bottom