1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

7 days 'til 'D' day.

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Elmer Fudd, 18 Nov 2007.

1. Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd Miserable Old Bar Steward

Well a week tomorrow I'm getting some major help, and I'm determined to go through with it.
    I'm going on a home de-tox course (for drink) and I'm really looking forward to it. The old Kev Elmer will re-appear. It should last about 10 days, plus I get counselling for 6 weeks and other help to source the reasons why I started drinking excessively.
    This should also help the depression "mellow" as well.
    Apparently the drugs they put you on can knock you sideways quite a bit, but I'm hoping, if you can bear with me, to do a sort of daily report. I might however be unable to sit in front of the PC !
    So, today, I'm gonna get very merry but no pished, next week knock it down as much as I can without the 'iffy' feelings and am looking forward to the Monday.

2. ash68

ash68 New Member

good on ya Elmer.I'm right behind you and support you all the way. I'm sure you'll get alot of likeminded posts as well. Wish you all the best and hope you succeed.

3. Flying_Monkey

Flying_Monkey Toll Collector on the Road to Nowhere

Yeah, good luck. It'll take a fair while, but it's worth it. And you'll be a better cyclist as well...

4. good luck Elmy

5. marinyork

marinyork Resting in suspended Animation

Best of luck.

6. Dayvo

Dayvo Just passin' through

There's no shortage of mates and amateur experts here, Elmer, ready for some support and words of wisdom er, encouragement! ;)
    Good luck, and we're right behind you. xx(

7. Melvil

Melvil Standard nerd

What Dayvo said.

Seriously, though, good on you Elmer.

8. Cathryn

Cathryn California Correspondant

Seriously brilliant, well done - full of admiration for you for facing this battle! Moan as much as you want during the process...that's what we're here for!

9. OP
    OP
    Elmer Fudd

Don't encourage me to moan Cathryn, I'm good enough at that already !!

10. Chuffy

Chuffy Veteran

Wot everyone else said. ;)

11. fossyant

fossyant Ride It Like You Stole It!

Good Luck matey...keep us posted !

12. papercorn2000

papercorn2000 Senior Member

Think of all the extra money to spend on bikes!

13. OP
    OP
    Elmer Fudd

I think Jacomus needs more support than me at the moment though.

14. OP
    OP
    Elmer Fudd

Aaaaargh NO ! Already gloating over a Spesh Sirrus to replace my knackered ** Claud Butler

** Not really knackered, but I'm sure a 4lb lump hammer can put that right !

15. mondobongo

mondobongo Über Member

Good Luck Elmer.
    You may well find it therapeutic to do a daily report on here, may I also suggest that you keep a 'private' diary as you go through the detox and counselling of both your highs and lows it will give you something to refer to and rereading it will show you your progress.