7 days 'til 'D' day.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Elmer Fudd

Miserable Old Bar Steward
Well a week tomorrow I'm getting some major help, and I'm determined to go through with it.
I'm going on a home de-tox course (for drink) and I'm really looking forward to it. The old Kev Elmer will re-appear. It should last about 10 days, plus I get counselling for 6 weeks and other help to source the reasons why I started drinking excessively.
This should also help the depression "mellow" as well.
Apparently the drugs they put you on can knock you sideways quite a bit, but I'm hoping, if you can bear with me, to do a sort of daily report. I might however be unable to sit in front of the PC !
So, today, I'm gonna get very merry but no pished, next week knock it down as much as I can without the 'iffy' feelings and am looking forward to the Monday.

ash68

good on ya Elmer.I'm right behind you and support you all the way. I'm sure you'll get alot of likeminded posts as well. Wish you all the best and hope you succeed.

OP
OP
Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd

Miserable Old Bar Steward
Cathryn said:
Seriously brilliant, well done - full of admiration for you for facing this battle! Moan as much as you want during the process...that's what we're here for!
Don't encourage me to moan Cathryn, I'm good enough at that already !!

mondobongo

Über Member
Good Luck Elmer.
You may well find it therapeutic to do a daily report on here, may I also suggest that you keep a 'private' diary as you go through the detox and counselling of both your highs and lows it will give you something to refer to and rereading it will show you your progress.

Top Bottom