7 weeks, 7 lbs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Janeyb

I've had a tough few months. My dad passed away in November and I've been off the bike most of the time up until the last few weeks. I've therefore put on a few pounds. 7 weeks until we head off to do the WoTR so decided i can shed 7 lbs in that time so I'm a little leaner on the bike. So ignore my weekly posts here by all means but as an incentive I'm going to post my progress. I'll not share my weight as I'm too embarrassed but will post each week whether I've lost anything or not.

Wish me luck.

Crankarm

Guru
Good luck.

OP
OP
Janeyb

Janeyb

Good luck Janey (typed while chomping on a chunk of chocolate) :thumbsup:

Thanks for that. You're as helpful as my work colleague who is sitting next to me munching through a huge pack of M n Ms and offering them to me frequently! No fair!

OP
OP
Janeyb

Janeyb

Good on ya', and a nice realistic target you've set yourself too.

Way of the Roses, I think...

Yep. Way of the Roses. Thought a pound a week doable! Although my resolve is slipping already today as I've got post ride munchies going on.

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
Did someone say roses :mrpig:

cadbury-cadbury-roses-1kg-tin_4ca092fba0770.jpe

Fubar

Guru
I've had a tough few months. My dad passed away in November and I've been off the bike most of the time up until the last few weeks. I've therefore put on a few pounds. 7 weeks until we head off to do the WoTR so decided i can shed 7 lbs in that time so I'm a little leaner on the bike. So ignore my weekly posts here by all means but as an incentive I'm going to post my progress. I'll not share my weight as I'm too embarrassed but will post each week whether I've lost anything or not.

Wish me luck.

Good luck Janeyb, though don't get too disheartened if you don't acheive your goal - just keep up the training! My Dad died a couple of years ago and I still miss him, I often think of him when out on the bike telling me how ridiculous I look!

OP
OP
Janeyb

Janeyb

Good luck Janeyb, though don't get too disheartened if you don't acheive your goal - just keep up the training! My Dad died a couple of years ago and I still miss him, I often think of him when out on the bike telling me how ridiculous I look!

Thanks Fubar. That made me smile. Luckily my dad was never subjected to the sight of me in my Lycra. He may not have been that blunt - but he'd have had to look away to hide his sniggering! Thanks again.

Alun

Guru
Good Luck Janeyb!
Hope your going to post a ride report! Beware the steep hill near Pateley Bridge, there are warnings on the Sustrans site.
Just get the miles in and the weight will take care of itself.

OP
OP
Janeyb

Janeyb

Just realised this should be in the weight watchers thread so won't bore you with any more posts here. Thanks for the good luck wishes.

Top Bottom