7 weeks waiting for my new bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

damj

I don't want to name the company or the bike shop but is seven weeks acceptable waiting for my new bike. Anyone else experiencing such long delays. Is this just the norm? I'm sure I waited 48 hours last time.

Mrs M

Guru
I was advised a 6 week wait for my Pashley.
Arrived earlier though.

gbb

Legendary Member
I suspect a build to your spec such as Ribble will take a while, I can't remember how long mine took maybe 2 weeks. 7 weeks seems ridiculous.

OP
OP
damj

damj

Miscount it's actually eight weeks now, My LBS advised at least another week.

I don't want to name the company or the bike shop but is seven weeks acceptable waiting for my new bike. Anyone else experiencing such long delays. Is this just the norm? I'm sure I waited 48 hours last time.
Did you ask before you ordered what the time would be?

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
That's crazy. I've bought 3 off the shelf bikes in 18 months (all from an independent bike dealer with an online shop) and they've all been here within about 4 days. There's surely no need for much longer.
It wasn't Tredz was it?

Mines not even spec, 'off the shelf jobbie'.
you pays your money, you makes your choice.

There a dozen of models that you could just walk out the door with. The last bike I chose (2012) took a week to get to the shop. It was kinda cool, as the Giant website showed one in stock at the warehouse, and then a few days later, none. Fingers crossed, it was me who got it - it was. 30,000+km, still going strong.

Say what brand/model it is. Then we might be able to offer you more specific advice. And if it's just a company that is extremely slow, then please, warn other potential customers.

Edit:

Yeah, if it's Canyon, there's a lot to say .... but they don't sell thru LBSs, do they?

OP
OP
damj

damj

Did you ask before you ordered what the time would be?

Initially, one guy said up to six weeks , on actually ordering the other said possibly two weeks. I'd taken the first as a conservative cautious estimate

Top Bottom