7 weeks waiting for my new bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
I was told 6-8 weeks for a Bianchi when I was considering one about 5 years ago, nothing grand either

What did they say when you ordered it? Have the LBS tried to source from another retailer if the manufacturer are having supply difficulties?

Try calling another retailer and see what they say, see if it's an LBS or Orro issue. Shop near here sells them for example

Last edited:

S-Express

Okay - Orro

Like most carbon frames from the far east, there is no dedicated production line, they are batch produced. Orro are probably waiting on the next batch of frames from whoever makes them.

Initially, one guy said up to six weeks , on actually ordering the other said possibly two weeks. I'd taken the first as a conservative cautious estimate

OK. You should now name the brand and the shop. This is crap. It might be ok in a place that doesn't have winter, but 7 weeks of prime riding time is inexcusable.

I can't see the issue tbh, 6 weeks was quoted prior to ordering so you knew there was a wait.

And "prime time" is open to interpretations, I would be hoping that in 6-8 weeks we were entering prime time summer - elsewhere in the world they will not be.

I can't see the issue tbh, 6 weeks was quoted prior to ordering so you knew there was a wait.

And "prime time" is open to interpretations, I would be hoping that in 6-8 weeks we were entering prime time summer - elsewhere in the world they will not be.
Yeah, I should probably read more carefully. If they quote 6 weeks, 7 is not a disaster. If it stretches out, then it is.

(@damj can edit this thread after he has his bike.)

But, coming from Australia (a long time ago), I am used to a riding season of 52 weeks/year. While I do that in the UK too, most people don't. So if you only ride say - April to October then 7 weeks is 23% of your season. Pretty huge.

vickster

Legendary Member
I think he's buying a disc braked commuter, not strictly a summer bike. I think on C2W which might complicate matters for cancelling?

S-Express

Yeah, but if it's only another week....

Well, maybe. And if that then turns into another week, then another two......

I had a similar issue last year. Set myself a cut-off date, at which point I cancelled the order and moved on.

OP
OP
damj

damj

I think he's buying a disc braked commuter, not strictly a summer bike. I think on C2W which might complicate matters for cancelling?

You've a good memory, or you've looked, yes correct

probably would.

I don't want to name the company or the bike shop but is seven weeks acceptable waiting for my new bike. Anyone else experiencing such long delays. Is this just the norm? I'm sure I waited 48 hours last time.
It depends on the bike, and the spec. For example, Specialized have a habit of advertising the same bike, at several dealer shops. If 3 people want the same bike, 2 will have to wait longer than 1 because they only have 1 available for immediate dispatch.

S-Express

It depends on the bike, and the spec. For example, Specialized have a habit of advertising the same bike, at several dealer shops. If 3 people want the same bike, 2 will have to wait longer than 1 because they only have 1 available for immediate dispatch.

Doesn't sound like you understand anything about retail/distribution.

Rooster1

I was right about that saddle
What does the order small print say about the lead time? If they have gone way beyond the T&C's then you may have the right to cancel.

Top Bottom