7 weeks waiting for my new bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mattobrien

Guru
7 weeks, meh, amateur waiting there I'm afraid.

My new bike was ordered mid Oct-16, with a view of it being ready early 2017, so we were initially looking at 3 months and that was if everything was on schedule.

The frame was supposed to be two months to build and arrived after three, which considering it was built in Italy, wasn't too far out. So thumbs up to Mario for that one.

The hubs, turned up in March (front) and April (rear) and I am still waiting for the groupset, which being SRAM eTap HRD, is currently scheduled to arrive in June-17, if I am lucky.

The largest and most annoying delay has been on the gruppo, which was supposed to be here early-17, hence the original planned schedule, but the failure of SRAM to learn from their previous mistakes in making hydraulic group sets, means that they complete messed up making the eTap HRD and had to retool and then provide to the OEM marker, after which the plebs (me) might get a look in.

A seven week wait would have been delightful, I am currently at 7 MONTHS and if I am really lucky I'll get it in another month, or two / three if SRAM continue with their ability to completely fail on the timings that they give for their product releases.

If I didn't already have six bikes, including a rather nice summer bike that the new one will complement, I may have been less sanguine about the whole situation.

Last edited:

ayceejay

Guru
/may not remember my lengthy saga from last year but I ordered a frame from Velodrome Shop that took more than a little while to get here but this is normal for Canada. The frame was damaged when it arrived and it took six months to get my money back, as the enjoyable riding season is only 5 months I lost a whole year with that nonsense

Top Bottom