700cc cycling club

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
In the area, but not a member of any of the local clubs yet. There seem to be a few who head out your way quite regularly, including Team Ascendo www.teamascendo.com who an old friend used to ride with, Hounslow & District Wheelers based on Chertsey Lane, Staineshttp://www.hounslowanddistrictwheelers.co.uk/ who I believe @Stonechat has ridden with quite a few times.

OP
OP
mark st1

mark st1

Plastic Manc
OP
OP
mark st1

mark st1

Plastic Manc
Rules rules rules... Are there no relaxed clubs in that area? ;)

Hmm where as I accept and fully respect the rules where group riding are concerned I'm not sure I could be frowned upon for not attending certain rides etc I don't do rain as I find it miserable getting soaked I cycle purely for enjoyment.

Hi

YEs I did a couple of rides with the 700 club - maybe before it was even officially a club
They did/do slightly easier 14 mph rides on a Saturday - about 25 miles long.
I have progressed a bit since then
They are a very well organised club.
Place an importance on good group ride dscipline
(If you haven't ridden in a group before the Saturday ride is a way to get used)
The Sunday rides were faster and longer - I have lost touch a bit, it they were not 10 miles away I would be more interested

The Housnlow and District Wheeler meet 9.15 AM by Staines Bridge on Sunday mornings.
You need to check the website page
http://www.hounslowanddistrictwheelers.co.uk/club-runs/
in case of slight variations.
Speed is about 16 mph average. Riding in a group is easier effort wise than on your own. You do need to draft though.
They are not so strict on group dscipline as others

Had some good rides and good fun

I too avoid the worst of the rain generally.

700 club are based around the shop in Peascod Street.
Main person is Vikki Butcher

NOt sure what stage/speed you are at

OP
OP
mark st1

mark st1

Plastic Manc
Hi

YEs I did a couple of rides with the 700 club - maybe before it was even officially a club
They did/do slightly easier 14 mph rides on a Saturday - about 25 miles long.
I have progressed a bit since then
They are a very well organised club.
Place an importance on good group ride dscipline
(If you haven't ridden in a group before the Saturday ride is a way to get used)
The Sunday rides were faster and longer - I have lost touch a bit, it they were not 10 miles away I would be more interested

The Housnlow and District Wheeler meet 9.15 AM by Staines Bridge on Sunday mornings.
You need to check the website page
http://www.hounslowanddistrictwheelers.co.uk/club-runs/
in case of slight variations.
Speed is about 16 mph average. Riding in a group is easier effort wise than on your own. You do need to draft though.
They are not so strict on group dscipline as others

Had some good rides and good fun

I too avoid the worst of the rain generally.

700 club are based around the shop in Peascod Street.
Main person is Vikki Butcher

NOt sure what stage/speed you are at

Thanks for the info not sure what to do yet I don't think I'd struggle with the pace or distance more weather I'd fit in with the people and the club itself. Laid back I can deal with snooty bike snobs I'm not so sure about. Will give it some thought.

Jason

Stows cycle store in Slough used to run an informal group ride when I lived that way many moons ago. I know the shop still exists,but no info on the club runs.

Top Bottom