70s / 80s Peugeot mixte

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

winjim

Smash the cistern
Currently sat gathering rust in my garage. Carbolite 103, looks to be mainly original parts although the brake calipers did disintegrate so I swapped them for some near identical ones from ebay. I seem to remember replacing the cables at some point. I did ride it for a bit, mainly for a laugh as it's far too small for me, but will probably need a bit of cleaning and adjusting.

Collection from Sheffield. £Beer money.

20181216_172805.jpg

KneesUp

Guru
Ooh Mrs Knees would like that - she always hankers after a handle bar that sweeps back. What size is it / what size rider would it suit?

OP
OP
winjim

winjim

Smash the cistern
I'm 5'10" so usually a medium in modern bikes, and it was definitely too small for me, I had about three inches more seatpost exposed than is on that photo. I don't recall seeing any size written on the frame but I can get out tomorrow with a tape measure.

KneesUp

Guru
Cheers. Mrs K is 5'7" and although she rides with a low saddle despite my (apparently unhelpful) suggestions otherwise, it may be a tad small?

OP
OP
winjim

winjim

Smash the cistern
Sorry for the wait, I couldn't get out to th e garage any earlier.

Seat tube C-T 50cm
Effective top tube measured from centre of headset to center of seat clamp: 54.5cm

OP
OP
winjim

winjim

Smash the cistern
Still there, if a bit rustier. Going to the tip tomorrow if I can fit it in the car with all the hedge trimmings.

KneesUp

Guru
Still there, if a bit rustier. Going to the tip tomorrow if I can fit it in the car with all the hedge trimmings.
If it’s going to the tip can I take it for beer money for the bars and/or to see if it fits Mrs K? Could collect in the evening tomorrow?

OP
OP
winjim

winjim

Smash the cistern
If it’s going to the tip can I take it for beer money for the bars and/or to see if it fits Mrs K? Could collect in the evening tomorrow?
That's absolutely fine, don't worry about the beer money. It's been sat in a rather damp garage for so long that it will certainly need a bit of a clean up.

I still have your roof bag by the way...

Top Bottom