78 get ups!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Do you get excited when you get a new car? I do. Funnily enough, my wife doesn't. She says it is just a car, but when someone in the family is expecting, then she gets really excited for just another baby. Women really have different priorities!

arch684

Veteran
New car means nothing to me,a new bike would be better. A new baby in the family would be wonderful

from the subject, I assumed you had started your new year exercise regime early.

480s.png

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
Can you remember what you were wearing in '78?
I can't remember what I was wearing this morning :scratch:

brand

A second hand top bicycle (or anything of quality really) bought at a very low price. For instance a Rohloff equipped Travelmaster 26 ALU with £300 worth of spares for £1170. If I don't like it I can always resell it and get my money back.....A bargain I suppose!

Drago

Legendary Member
I used to, but I've grown up. A car is a necessary(ish) tool, an unavoidable expense. I won't get excited over a new fridge, so why a car?

It's all neighbourly status symbol Willy wagging, except those with the most to boast about in the motoring trousers department tend to make the least fuss.

OP
OP
gavroche

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
What a load of coq.
Anyone who prefers a new car to a new child is an idiot.
I love my children, grand children and great grand children. Yes, I have some of them too, but a man also needs something he can have for himself when he has worked all his life. In my case, my bikes and a new car give me also that pleasure. Sod the neighbours, I dont give a sh*t what they think.

Top Bottom