78 get ups!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
I won't get excited over a new fridge,
Really? :girl:
How peculiar!

Moodyman

Legendary Member
no excitement from a new car.

Like Brand upthread - I get excited by bargains. new or used. getting a quality used product at a fraction of its true or new value is a real joy.

my particular soft spot is furniture. i bought as good as new hardwood furniture via the local classifieds because folk were changing their colour schemes eg an oak table and 6 chairs for £40 because the couple wanted to make space for the new dining suite.

jazzkat

Fixed wheel fanatic.
We work hard for our stuff, so any purchase whether a fridge, a car, a bike or a new item of clothing can be 'exciting'.
I'd get excited by a new car, I like cars. :gun:
By profession I'm a teacher so I'm predisposed to dislike children:laugh:
:biggrin:

mustang1

Guru
I used to, but I've grown up. A car is a necessary(ish) tool, an unavoidable expense. I won't get excited over a new fridge, so why a car?

It's all neighbourly status symbol Willy wagging, except those with the most to boast about in the motoring trousers department tend to make the least fuss.
We bought a new washing machine lately and it makes a wicked kick ass tune when you switch it on. It got me pretty excited as unchecked out all the functions.

A couple of weeks ago I pestered my SO if perhaps we should get a new fridge (no) which had me drooling. Next year we have to buy new sofas which has got me right lathered up.

When we buy a new daily driver car, I get an anti climax. In fact I rather dislike most of the dd cars we've had. They're so normally boring.

mustang1

Guru
no excitement from a new car.

Like Brand upthread - I get excited by bargains. new or used. getting a quality used product at a fraction of its true or new value is a real joy.

my particular soft spot is furniture. i bought as good as new hardwood furniture via the local classifieds because folk were changing their colour schemes eg an oak table and 6 chairs for £40 because the couple wanted to make space for the new dining suite.
£40 quid?? Blxxdy heck what colour was it....purple with orange and green polka dots? I assume not and therefore awesome bargain.

Brandane

Legendary Member
What a load of coq.
Anyone who prefers a new car to a new child is an idiot.
Unless you happen to be single and involved in a not very good relationship with the expectant mother, and she claims you are the daddy :whistle:. Give me a new car (or fridge, or biro, or anything) over that little scenario any time!

DAMHIKT. Turned out she was mistaken, anyway. Thankfully.

Top Bottom