8 Freight

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
We've just been given one and I've ridden it back across town.

It was like trying to steer a battleship up the High Street - god the handling is bad. Me thinks it will have the head angle cut and rewelded.

BigSteev

Nonsense, it's a fine machine. You'll appreciate the steep head angle once it's loaded up.
If you want to get anything welded on it I'd recommend some strengthening gussets where the (what would be) seat stays meet the top of the load area.

bikepete

Guru
That's odd, the ones I've ridden have been fine - maybe a few mins to get used to it. Couriers in York seem to like the handling. Has it had non-standard forks added or something?

OP
OP
Hilldodger

Hilldodger

Guru
Maybe it's because I don't like nervous steering and do like a more relaxed head angle. I don't like small wheeled folders for the same reason.

Anyway, I haven't got to ride it.

Arch

Married to Night Train
bikepete said:
That's odd, the ones I've ridden have been fine - maybe a few mins to get used to it. Couriers in York seem to like the handling. Has it had non-standard forks added or something?

Yup, I've ridden one fine too, in fact I was impressed at how 'normal' it felt.

OP
OP
Hilldodger

Hilldodger

Guru
Maybe ours is one of the many that have broken and been bodged up - I haven't looked.

I do think it could be improved massively by having more rake and trail, though.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Hilldodger said:
Maybe ours is one of the many that have broken and been bodged up - I haven't looked.

I do think it could be improved massively by having more rake and trail, though.

Rake, I would imagine you could pick up at any garden centre....

Not sure about trail. There is trail mix, that nuts and raisins stuff....

:rofl:

Top Bottom